Anyone here running a battery in the trunk?

Nas Escobar

I've been driving with the trunk mount for a while now, some of you guys saw it in Toledo. On the way back through Cleveland I got the rest of my trunk carpeting from Pull-A-Part West. Cleaned everything up at the car wash and finally got the trunk done so I have pics of the trunk to post that I'm not ashamed of:

post-4528-143689163806_thumb.jpg

I've since slid a piece of split loom on the wire which makes it as natural as a big aluminium box in the trunk of a car can look.

• 1 month later...

Do you have an issue with low battery voltage? I wired mine up with 2g wire, and I was finally able to take the car out for a drive today, and I was only about 9-10v. I dunno if my alt is dying at the same time I did this swap but just seems odd.

Do you have an issue with low battery voltage? I wired mine up with 2g wire, and I was finally able to take the car out for a drive today, and I was only about 9-10v. I dunno if my alt is dying at the same time I did this swap but just seems odd.

Did you do a new large ground engine to frame? Also have to have a really good battery ground, I did mine to a double thick piece of the trunk floor.

Edited by Imp558

• 2 years later...

I noticed that doing the big 3 helps in start times and other random electronics. 

The Big 3. Could you explain this Nas?

Does this refer to cables, if so which ones, and what gauge?

The Big 3. Could you explain this Nas?

Does this refer to cables, if so which ones, and what gauge?

The "big 3" refers to 2 ground and a positive. You usually beef up your wire from the alternator to the battery, your ground from the battery to the chassis and ground the engine to the chassis. 

Most cars come with either 4 gauge or 8 gauge for those gauges. Upgrading to 0 gauge helps a lot. That's what I did to my old Grand AM. I did it on a 2001 Nissan Maxima too but that car has serious ground problems (The wires are notoriously small on the grounds). That one ended up being a big 5.