Key and Ignition

mrdarkside2k3

Today my car started to be a dirty lil slut to me. The key doesn't wanna come out of the ignition. I had to grab it with some pliers today and turn it back a lil more and pull the key out. It seems as if it's not going into park all the way. Any hints or clues on this....I have spent about 45 minutes today dealing with it.

Please Help me with any clues or hints on what to do about this.

Thank You

J.

Try shifting putting on the parking brake, press the brake and put it in park firmley.. also try turning your steering wheel sometimes that does it for some reason..

Your shift cable may need to be zero'd.

There is an adjustment position on the transmission. All that needs to be done is to remove it off the top of the transmission (it's easier than you think). Theres a slider with a spring. Once you pop the slider you reinstall it back on the transmission with the shifter in Neutral and the transmission clicked on Neutral (make sure everything is on level ground).

Once the slider is back on the transmission push the bar on the slider back into the locked position and the cable will be zero'd on Neutral and you should be good to go.

That or you ignition is messed.