Audio System

john99gtp

Sup fools :)

I was wondering how hard it would be to add the cassette/12 disc player from say a 98 GTP into my 99.

Personally, I would think it would be plug in play, but "assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups"

:-p

Also, could someone watch the yards for the cassette/12 disc radio system :), and possibly some BOSE speakers too, my right rear is blown, and its not cool man

THANKS

John

Look in the trunk on the passenger side behind the carpet. If you see a harness wrapped up somewhere in that area, then your car is prewired for the CD Changer. The cassette player will be plug and play, even if you have the Bose system.

If you don't have the CD Changer harness, you can purchase it from GM I believe.

Holy shit luke, love the sig

"They made these with a turbo?"

classic dude :smilielol:

John

[edit]I found a bundle over there, but dont know where it ends (not on the drivers side, you know, mirrored). The colors appeared to be green, a different shade of green, white, brown and some others i could barely make out......it runs verticle, with another type of connection at the top, like i could unplug it....not to sure though....sorry, i suck at descriptions

Yea, you wouldn't believe the comments I overheard at that car show.. 1000+ cars, well over 30,000+ people attended through out the afternoon/evening/night.

Of course of the 27 GP's that made it there, mine was the only non 97+ GP there, so it drew some attention.

But anyway, take a picture of the harness if you can, I'll tell you if it's the correct one or not. It should be connected in to the factory harness's at the headunit already, so no changing anything there.

Oh, and for sound quality sake, find a cassette player with the 8 band EQ. If you have the Bose system it will be a nice upgrade.

Edit: Found a setup on ebay, however, the headunit is from a Monsoon Sound system. I don't know how the monsoon system works. I'm almost sure it uses external amplifier(s), but how the signal inputs in to them may be different from your Bose system (ie. low level inputs vs. speaker level). The Bose system in your car uses speaker level inputs at the Bose amplifier, so if this headunit on ebay is the same as all the other Pontiac headunits (aside from the monsoon badge), then it will work just fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7914102912&category=43948

Even better.. The Bose system in those cars suck ass anyway.

really???

damn!!!!

Looks like Im going to buy some speakers then, any recommendations?? (NO SUBS, just speakers and possibly an AMP for the rear speakers)

John