My 2.8 again

NORBI

As you know my engine will probably need a new head gasket since its leaking a little coolant outside and been asking everybody for advice on it if to do it or just change engine. My mechanic told me that he used once some liquid that seals it so good that it may last over 2 years. He told me he used on couple cars and after that never had to change gaskets on those cars and when he had to work on one of them due to other reason he couldnt get it apart because it was so stong. What do u think about it.

Go with replacing the gasket. I heard that liquid stuff never really works all the time, and once its hardened and something else needs to be replaced, the mechanics throw a fit or take even longer meaning you pay more per hour to fix something. Gasket all the way.

Don't cut corners regardless if it sounds good, gotta keep a car running in top shape man.

The sealer he's probably talking about is K&W Block Seal. I work where it is made and can honestly state that if the directions are followed it will seal your leak right up and last a long time. There are a few variants on the market, but IMO K&W is the best of them.

It forms a cold weld inside where the crack or leak is using liquid glass (Sodium Silicate). It is very easy to do, just be sure to empty all of the anti-freeze out and rinse it thoroughly with water until the water coming out of the motor is fairly clear and free of glycol. The block sealer ingredients are NOT compatible with anti freeze and will form a gelatinous mess if mixed with it. Once you apply it, it must cure for a minmum of 6 hours, best to allow it to cure overnight. Then you can just refill your system, I would recommend with water at first to ensure the leak is fixed.

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, but no bullshit, the stuff really works well, we get a lot of people calling our technical hotline that are very happy with the results.