Power antenna

88Intl

My 88 Cutlass Supreme came with the original power antenna removed, and an ill-fitting universal replacement antenna in its place. Went to the U-Pull-It yesterday. Only 2 Cutlasses, none with a working antenna. Got one from an early model Grand Prix that looks decent. The mast part numbers are different for GP on this link, will the antenna fit OK?

http://www.w-body.com/service/radio-antennamast.html

How should the mast be cleaned and lubricated?

yes and no. My power antenna is from a GP as well, and at first, the only differance that I could see is that the mast is BLACK instead of CHROME. Also, it had the smaller ball on the end of the antenna instead of the larger one.

As to mounting, this one came out of a SEDAN, and I put it in my COUPE, so I had to do a little customizing because they are mounted differant.

Taylor

Installed the antenna today. The Grand Prix antenna's mounting brackets and drain hose didnt line up with the Cutlass, had to secure with whatever you call that metal strapping with the holes drilled in it.