Clunking Noise

AWeb80

On my 94 GP there is a clunking noise somewhere in the right rear of my car. It is just a quick clunk, clunk noise. It happens when i hit a hard bump or wash boards on gravel roads. (even though i don't go over 30 mph) It is really annoying. My first thought was that my shock was loose or something. That wasn't the case. I've checked everything over, in my trunk, under the car and everywhere else. I have subs in my trunk but their not the reason cause the noise was there before i got the subs. I even thought it was my antanne (spelling) mount. i check that all over and it's not that either. Does anybody have any ideas. Please help. Thanks in advance. :D

it could be the brakes. i was driving around one time with a loose friggin caliper...it clunked prety loud everytime i hit a bump and i could jiggle it a little with my finger....i never bothered to have it fixed though that car had so many brake problems i didnt really give 2 shits anymore

It might not be the strut itself, but the strut mount. This to happened on my 94 GP SE. Finally mine broke and it isn't a pretty site when it does. My whole strut came up through the tower while I was driving and it smashed right into the rear deck that holds the speakers. When it hit that, my back passenger side speaker cover landed right beside me up front, scared the shit outta me. It also bent the hinge to the trunk.

Aaron