Whos GTP did i help push across the street in West Virginia?

jjs316

On july 25 in summersville WV, at about 9 at night me and one of my buddies helped a fellow push his GTP across the street becuase he had broke down. I got to talking to the feklow and he said his car had about 400 Hps on it. It had an Intense-Racing.com sticker on the back of it. Any one on here? or does anyone know this guy? it was a dark color 4 door. It actually had GTX emblems on the side or it. Just wondering about it and what had happened to it... always out to help another fellow W bodier.

It was a likely a second gen GTP tricked out by SLP Engineering. Anyone could take their GTP Grand Prix to them and have them add the GTX package for a couple grand. From what I recal the output was increased from the stock 240 up to 270-300hp depending on which items you picked off of the ale a carte menu. They offered upgrades such as exhaust, intake, rocker arms, valve springs, ECM retuning, supercharger pulley, as well as modified hoods, and spoilers. I'm sure there's things I'm leaving out but you get the idea. 400 hp is a bit optimistic unless he had major work done above and beyond what SLP does to the car.

Just as a fun fact SLP did a cool looking package for the Regal they called the GSX, it included all the basic engine mods of the GTX as well as a nifty looking rear bumper that has a fakie dual exhaust setup complete with trapazoid chrome exhaust tips (reminiscent of a Bonneville). Very cool.

Broke down huh? What was wrong with it?

It's a w-body... :willynilly:

lol when the hell did we get that smiley turby?

i didn't remember seeing that one last night???

Guest Anonymous
Broke down huh? What was wrong with it?

It's a w-body... :willynilly:

lol when the hell did we get that smiley turby?

i didn't remember seeing that one last night???

:twisted: Don't worry.

its a shame that you people don't think 400 is hard to believe... 400 hp isn't doubtful on a 3800? highest those motors with a super can get like 410 hp ... at the wheels!

600+ with a turbo and some upper mods

alittle research and you'll find your answer.

anyway ... i believe this car is brown (tan color) or something ...

do you rememer what color it was?

400 hp.........

it probably needs something to push it to get it started since its geared so high....

probably not. :roll:

its a shame that you people don't think 400 is hard to believe... 400 hp isn't doubtful on a 3800? highest those motors with a super can get like 410 hp ... at the wheels!

600+ with a turbo and some upper mods

alittle research and you'll find your answer.

anyway ... i believe this car is brown (tan color) or something ...

do you rememer what color it was?

I believe it was a dark green or a dark blue...