• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 93CutlassSupreme

• SigEpCutlass

• WhiteOut

• gp90se

whatever dude bras own. Common they look good on women for...well the few seconds you see them before they come off. hahaha :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

:lol: yeah you're right on that one

You guys sound like a couple of freaking women.

So you dont care about your car enough to put syn fluids in BFD. Perhaps you drive normally. As far as synthetics go I would use them even on a normally drivien car becasue plain and simple it IS cheaper. If you go with AMSOil for example and stick with thier fileters ever 6k miles and just top up. You wont have to pull the drain plug and do a full drain and refill until your around the 25k-30k point. Now unless you use that 79cent a quart crap then you will be hard pressed to find economy like that in lower grade oils that NEED to be replaced every 3k.

Further oil selction should be dictated by driving style and application. Some people drive like grandma and hadly get on it. Regular oil may be fine for you. While some of us race and drive hard quite often, or spend a lot of time sitting in traffic. This is where higher grade oils shine. Yeah it may be a cheap car and you may feel its not worth it but I personally intened on keeping my W for a LONG LONG time and I like to beat the hell out of it and spend a lot of time in traffic. Synthetics will help me achive that long life at the same time allow me to drive like I want.

One thing no one has mentioned is filtering, no matter how good your oil is a cheap filter will kill you. You must be able to remove particles that accumulate in the oil effectivly. The better you are at filtering the longer your oil will last. So if your doing synthestics and want to keep you oil change interval as high as poissible, pop for the expensive filter. I personally will be going for a bypass filter soon as well to increase oil life.

Yeah my car is only worth about $2800 blue book, but I dont ever care to sell it and it means alot more to me than its book value. If I had cared about what this car was worth I wouldnt be on my 2nd engine and 3rd tranny by now (all broken by my doing :twisted: ) .

What you need to understand is that there are many of us like that, we can afford better cars or could trade in our "POS" W for something better. But theres something about it that we love and for that you cant put a book value on.

Now stop arguing like a couple little bitches and get back on topic. For christs sake who gives a shit.