BRIGHTER HEADLIGHTS..

MARK 91 Z34

iv been looking into some brighter headlights... saw some nice SYLVANIA'S that claim to be alot brighter than stock....i also see that G.E. makes some sorta light like that too ... anyone have experience with these ?? do they work well ? do they last at all ?? post your thoughts...

Mark

I just put in a pair of 9006 Sylvania Xtra Visons in the Lumina and it "seems" to have a bit more brightness. I never thought the regular old 9006's were that bad.

I'd stay away from blue tinted bulbs, even the Sylvania Silver Stars. I've got a pair of these in the Legend and I like the regular old 9004's better.

Take a close look at the GE bulbs before you buy. It looks like the bulb capsule isn't in-line with the bulb socket, as if it wasn't assembled properly. I needed to replace some 9004's in a hurry and GE was the only brand that Wal-Mart carries. One of my headlights now has a dark band running across the beam pattern.

I've got the Sylvania Silver Stars in my buick and they're ok for the money. Just don't expect a huge differance. The aren't really blue tinted, they are just whiter, and maybe 5%-10% differance in brightness. If I could do it over again I would go HID or nothing.

i bought my cutty in mid may. within a couple of weeks i had to have new lights. so i went with the hi and low beam GE cool blue from walmart. i love them. they were most definitely brighter. i have wondered lately whether or not they are getting dimmer or not. they are still bright, but they seem slightly dimmer than they did a couple months ago.

i have this pet peeve about bright headlights. and clean windows. i have to be able to see.

i would go PIAA, but the price is enough to kill ya.

i have looked at the sylvania and i may end up with them. just not right now.

Monty

Guest RedCutlassSL

I have seen this down. Take apart your seal beamed headlights. Get the blue lights from whatever, and then put it back together. Its a project I'm going to do once I've got my rims on.