TGP Speaker sizes ??

TGPilot

What size speakers do we have?

Dash = ??

Door = ??

Rear Deck = ??

Please only answer if you know for sure. I am going to put together a stereo for my car and need to know the speaker sizes.

Thanks much... 8)

6's will fit in the doors :D ! 8's will fit in the back dash. I STRONGLY SUGGEST dynomat on the back dash. I have pounded my system for only 5 mos and my back dash is like a rattling nightmare. It even rattles from the engine at idle! I think i shook everything loose.

I bought...

Pioneer DEH-P77DH 1.5 Din Head Unit

Pioneer GM-X364 4-Channel Amp (Front 4 speakers)

Pioneer GM-X562 2-Channel Amp (Rear Speakers)

Polk Audio Ex369 3-Way 6x9 (1 set for rear deck)

Polk Audio Ex346 2-Way 4x6 (2 Sets...1 set doors...1 set dash)

I think it will sound pretty decent :wink:

I am installing Dynomat, but not to help hold everything together. I like crisp clean sound...not the bass beatin bullshit that you youngin's seem to enjoy!! 8)

Pull the dash pad. There are two screws that you access from the instrument cluster and then there is sometimes a nut that you access from up through the glove box. The rest of the pad is in place with clips... 8)

Guest Anonymous

Those two screws are above the speedometer. Mine also has a screw above the glove box. There is an access hole but I found it easier to get on it by pulling the glove box out. Then pull the dash pad up and towards you. Don't forget to unplug the HUD before pulling it all the way out.

• 1 year later...

So how do you get the stock stereo out? I just got the Pioneer DEH-P47DH 1.5 Din Head Unit. Anybody done this. How about the power? Anybody run all the speakers without an amp.

I got the harness from Crutchfield for the GM wiring. Should I reroute all the wires by hand?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also connecting a 80w powered bazooka for some xtra boom.

-Jeromy

Mine also has a screw above the glove box. There is an access hole but I found it easier to get on it by pulling the glove box out.

Or, just lift up on the glove box door hinges so it flops all the way down and you have about the same access to that hole as without the glove box being there 8) . Wish I could remember but I think it's a 7mm hex head screw, it's not a big 8mm and can't remember if its 6mm?

Jeff M

Guest Anonymous
So how do you get the stock stereo out?

Take the panel off that goes under the steering column. Not the under dash panel. The one between it and the column. It's the same color as your interior. That covers two screws that hold the radio bezel on. The other two can be accessed by opening the glovebox. Take them all out and the bezel pulls out away from the radio.

Wish I could remember but I think it's a 7mm hex head screw, it's not a big 8mm and can't remember if its 6mm?

It's 7mm.

What a great upgrade! All done with the install, the system sounds great with the stock speakers and looks great and relatively stock. The harness provided by crutchfield is so easy to do.

Thanks again for all the help.

-Jeromy