Why dont I have rear running lights?

richiewwhite

Hi Im new to the board and I have a 90 tgp. Recently my rear running lights quit. Why? I checked all the fuses in the glove box and they are all good. Is there another fuse somewhere? Thanks for all your help

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have brake lights or rear running lights. My hazards wont turn on. Im not sure if i have a bulb out. All the fuses are good. In the front under the hood there is a lil fuse panel with bigger things. like 60a and what not I think there is supposed to be four in a row in the first row and i only have three

IMG_4614%20(Small).jpg

my car's only got three in the front row too, so that's not it.

double check the tail light fuse in the car... then take a look at the bulbs.

Mine has the bottom three and not the top one like yours has. Where is there a tail light fuse? The fuses under the hood and in the glove box are good. I know i have a bulb out in the left front marker light. with another bulb out also can this cause it to not turn on. cause i was having turn signal problems with the front bulb out. With two bulbs out will they not come on at all???

check the dic computer under/behind the glove box. I had the same issue with all my head lights and rear lights and all I needed to do was jump a wire strieght across.....would have saved my self $1400 if I would have done this right away insted of changing all the relays and wires and even the $170 light switch.

Yes I had the same problem with my headlights not working. I jumped the DIC module behind the glove box and now they work. I have a feeling those go bad like some other Pontiac electonics. You could also check for a bad ground, the wiring goes down the passenger side and it's easy to get to by pulling the plastic near the doors.

BTW, has anyone tried to fix the DIC module? Maybe the solder trick would work, since it's a GM part.

Also my steering wheel buttons dont work anymore and my radio seems a bit messed up. Any ideas? Also my drivers door i cannot open from the outside door handle. IT always seems locked when its not. and my passenger seat belt usually gives my passengers a hard time unlocking. whats up with that?

Also my steering wheel buttons dont work anymore and my radio seems a bit messed up. Any ideas? Also my drivers door i cannot open from the outside door handle. IT always seems locked when its not. and my passenger seat belt usually gives my passengers a hard time unlocking. whats up with that?

Sounds like you own an 88-93 Pontiac Grand Prix..