Would you guys install this spoiler?

93CutlassSupreme

i finally painted the spoiler i talked about here http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17501&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

here's pictures. i'm wondering what you guys think about the paint job, and if it's good enough to put on your cars. there's some hairs and bumps in the paint but i think it looks pretty good.

HPIM0463.jpg

HPIM0464.jpg

HPIM0465.jpg

Looks good. Just give it a color sanding (wetsand with 1500 grit to get any imprefections out of the paint) and use rubbing compound and then polish and wax and it will look perfect. I'd wait a day or 2 at least to make sure the paint is totally cured before sanding though.

i really think that will look good on your car

do what c-bad said, that will generate the best results, and i agree if its finish is not the same as your cars i woulden't put it on, but thats just me and i'm anal over stuff like that.

try it with like 3m tape or set it on the trunk to make sure it looks good first but i think it will then worry about screwing it down just make sure it looks right and is centered dont rush it

I wouldn't put a spray-canned anything on my car, but that's just me. I require a perfect finish. Spray paint also fades and turns dull. If you don't believe me, you will in a year or two. Sooner if you park your car outside.

i'd have it profesionally painted now, it should be dirt cheep to get it painted to match (read = under $200) no use doin the same job twice.

i put a shitload of clearcoat on it, it will still fade? body shops around here charge outrageous prices for the smallest stuff so i'd rather not go that way.

the spoiler is aftermarket.

Chances are, your clearcoat will dull and/or become chalky before the paint fades. I've tried many different brands of spray-can clearcoat and still haven't found anything that lasts very long.

thanks for the advice shawn

i don't know what brand it is, i got it off ebay for dirt cheap. it has led brake lights and turn signals too.

I saw that one on Ebay, pretty cool. I've always wanted a spoiler with long LED (hard to find), but I think that one wasn't curved enough for a coupe. It's pretty straight, isn't it?