3.4 DOHC

Garrett8

its it true you can swap parts off a 1996 3.4 to say a 92 3.4, i heard the intake manifold on the 96 is bigger and will fit on the 93 just wondering if it works and what kind of gains i would be looking at

It is true, but it isn't easy. You need new UIM, LIM, fuel rail, injectors, rear cam cover, PCV hoses, and more. I do not think it will be worth the results.

Not that much. I know have a new motor and headers, but when I made that run it was without them.

Cold Air Intake, FFP chip, UD pulley, dogbone, full 2.5" exhaust, and magnecor wires. I think that's all.

aaron, have you ever in your life seen a newer intake? They are much bigger. And cut open your plenum. The air goes in the throttle body, under the plenum, wraps up around the plenum and squeezes through the runners to the lower inake. On the newer intake is is straight forward with very large runners and an intake manifold that is about 1.25 times the size of ports as the older. I don't have numbers on the difference that it makes, but I would imagine it to be rather good numbers.

you mean 5 peak HP and power curve that starts 1k RPM later? :twisted:

Im sure with some timing or a nice cam itll be worth it in the long run, but just the swap seems a lil...pointless?