quarter mile times??

95DOHC

hey does anyone know what the quatermile and 0 to 60 times are for the convert. cutty with either the 3.4 dohc, 3100, or the 3400 also if the 3800 sc could fit in the convert and if there is a upgraded supercharger for it :roll:

the s/c 3.8 will fit. A guy put one in his triple black convertible. You can put a 04+ supercharger on it or somehow put a whipple charger on it(someone who remembers luminasupercharged.com can further explain the whipplecharger)

hey does anyone know what the quatermile and 0 to 60 times are for the convert. cutty with either the 3.4 dohc, 3100, or the 3400 also if the 3800 sc could fit in the convert and if there is a upgraded supercharger for it :roll:

3.4 dohc depends on mods but in complete stock form a 15.8 @ 90 mph can be achived with a 7.5sec 0-60mph time

some heavily modded 3.4dohc motors are running very low 15s and in the 14s for a 5-speed with 0-60mph times of 7.0 seconds or better.

the 3100 stock can achive from a 16.5 @ 82-85mph in relative stock form some heavily modded 3100s have been in the low 16s some even touch very high 15s.

3400 stock is slightly better then the 3100 with a 16.3 @85mph stock modded can run into mid 15s.

3.8L stock the same as the 3.4dohc but with more aftermarket

3.8 sc depends on intake efficency a 14.5-15.0@9x mph sounds about right for stock with an ever growing aftermarket. 97-03 3.8sc came with an eston 60 supercharger(240hp stock) the 04+ versions is the eston 90 supercharger(260hp stock). to crank up the boost all you have to do is buy a smaller pully for it. the fastes 3.8sc is in the high 10s last heard from but have heavy amount of money invested..

i hope i helped ya out a bit..

I beleive both the 240 and 260hp versions haqve the M90 blower, with the newer one being more efficent and pushing liek a pound or 2 more boost. But same BASIC blower, minor differences only.

And honestly, the 3.4L DOHC has way more potential than a L67, just not the "ever-glowing" aftermarket to bring it out.

Guest TurboSedan

And honestly, the 3.4L DOHC has way more potential than a L67, just not the "ever-glowing" aftermarket to bring it out.

now there's a loaded statement :lol:

i think the '92-'96 Series 1 L67 used the M62 supercharger.

the s/c 3.8 will fit. A guy put one in his triple black convertible. You can put a 04+ supercharger on it or somehow put a whipple charger on it(someone who remembers luminasupercharged.com can further explain the whipplecharger)

He had a whipple on his car? I thought he was still using a factory blower.... I'll have to break into the picture and video archive

- Justin

He had a whipple on his car? I thought he was still using a factory blower.... I'll have to break into the picture and video archive

- Justin

I believe he did, I remember seeing a custom made fixture for it, and reading something about 3-5 grand to build it.

I'm definetly going to have to look at those pics/vids when I get home from work. Sounds like a pretty trick fab if it was a whipple.

Sorry 95DOHC - [/hijack]

- Justin

How do ya figure Aaron?

4 valve heads will out flow 2 valve heads NO MATTER WHAT. How else do you figure a 350 chevy, making 350hp, got a jump of over 120hp with a 4 valve head swap ALONE? If the 3.4L had the aftermarket of the 3.8, we'd be running 10s no problem.

How do ya figure Aaron?

4 valve heads will out flow 2 valve heads NO MATTER WHAT. How else do you figure a 350 chevy, making 350hp, got a jump of over 120hp with a 4 valve head swap ALONE? If the 3.4L had the aftermarket of the 3.8, we'd be running 10s no problem.

I don't know how many times I have had to explain this to you Aaron...but let me tell you again...THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT! The L67 is significantly larger than a 3.4, and is forced induction. And I don't know if you know this or not, but there already have been a few L67's in the 10's, and there are plenty right now that are capable but need tuning, and one in particular that I know of that needs a tranny...because the stock one puked with the 417 wheel horsepower the car put out.

Aaron...what happens when someone comes out with 4 valve heads for an L67? That is also another option people can explore. There is so much more left in the L67 its not even funny...it is just the beginning right now. An L67 has more potential than a LQ1 for one major reason...IT HAS MORE CUBIC INCHES!

There is no replacement for displacement.

I beleive both the 240 and 260hp versions haqve the M90 blower, with the newer one being more efficent and pushing liek a pound or 2 more boost. But same BASIC blower, minor differences only.

Amazingly Aaron...you are actually right about this one. The Series II L67 has a Gen III M90 and the Series III has a Gen V M90. The Gen V has rotors that are supposed to seal better and has a better outlet. I don't think they make any more boost though...the air is just cooler due to the more efficient blower...giving them the extra 20hp.

And as someone else said, the 92-96 L67's had M62's, which were revised in '94 IIRC to a more efficient version that made the same boost with a larger pulley.

Shawn

even so....a 3.4 DOHC with forced induction would breathe much better then an L67 ever would in pushrod form

so I'm honestly with Aaron on this one

yes the 3.8 is larger but until they make a 24 valve 3800 the 3.4 will be much more efficient engine...capable of higher power levels

the 92-96 L67's had M62's, which were revised in '94 IIRC to a more efficient version that made the same boost with a larger pulley.

Yes in 94 the M62 (and all other eaton superchargers) got a teflon coating on the blades which made it more efficient.

thanks for the help, i think i might stay with the 3.4 just because if it could get forced induction which i hope will happen soon it would run much quicker then i wouldn't have to spend as much either on the engine swap. if so what are some decent mods besides air box work to the 3.4

A 4-valve 3800 would be better than the 3.4L. But with only 2 valves, there are limits. I have a complete swap/set of SBC 4 valve heads, and I can't wait to get them on.

There was no replacement for displacement. But when my 3.4L pulls multiple car lengths on a L67(pulley, 12psi, shift kit, CAI), maybe there is....

TimG's MCZ34, turbo, on 6psi, will not hook up the tires once 4,000rpm shines in, IN SECOND GEAR. In first, no prayer of traction. And I'm sure third hops all the way through.

To illustrate the potential of *company* 32-valve Cylinder Heads, we dyno tested a 5.7L Chevy small block with 10.0:1 compression, LT-1 cam, single-plane intake and 750 CFM carburetor. We tested the Arao head against a ported and polished, well-known brand 2-valve aluminum head with 2.08" intake valves and a stock open-chamber iron head. The chart shows the *company* 32-valve heads made 474 HP @ 6000 RPM, 159 more than the high-end 2-valve aluminum head (Brand X) and 203 more than stock iron! The dyno also reveals a broad, flat torque curve with a peak of 437 lb./ft @ 4500 RPM. In fact, 85% of peak torque occurs all the way from 3000-6000 RPM! The unique valve gear arrangement made possible by *company* patented head design (US Patent #5,007,387) allows rev's to over 9000 RPM without use of exotic valve train parts or freakish valve spring loadings.

Now what was that you said about 2 valves being better becuz of .4L of displacement?

Hers another dyno of a SBC

Our 32 valve B3 heads on a 350 cu.in. Chevy(4.060" bore x 3.480" stroke). B-3 series cyl. heads, Aluminum Performer RPM manifold, 750cfm Holley carb, hydraulic roller cam, specs .479" int lift, .518" ex lift, 226 duration. Dyno reveals 668hp at 7500rpm, 553ft lb at 5000rpm.

By the way they stopped it at 7500 becuz the 750 was unable to keep up beyond that.

- Justin

I believe he did, I remember seeing a custom made fixture for it, and reading something about 3-5 grand to build it.

You are correct. Tom was/IS using a whipple charger on his Lumina. I remember reading not too long ago that he wanted to get back to the track with it, I believe it has killed quite a few transaxles and that's why he hasn't ran it to see what it will do yet(I think I also read that it has more mods now and should be faster).

You are correct. Tom was/IS using a whipple charger on his Lumina. I remember reading not too long ago that he wanted to get back to the track with it, I believe it has killed quite a few transaxles and that's why he hasn't ran it to see what it will do yet(I think I also read that it has more mods now and should be faster).

Well, THAT should fix the blowing up tranny problems. :lol:

400 cc sure is a HUGE increase of displacement....... :lol:

Sure, there is no replacement for displacement....a GM 350 V8 will more power than a Nissan SR20DE.....but after you start throwing better designed parts at a motor and a better powertrain (manual trans) at the car displacement isn't as much of a factor.

Its when the big displacement guys start using turbochargers, better heads, and better intake manifolds is when I squirm.......have you seen some of the recent redneck car magazines? They are making BIG power (600-700 hp) on stock internals with gas station fuel.

the 3.8 to 3.4 is only about a 12% difference. About a 305 to a 350. But you are forgetting one very important fact. The LQ1 is NATURALLY balanced. V6s are naturally balanced at 60* and V8s at 90*. I'm sure that this has a remarkable difference. I actually have to agree with Aaron on this one.

I am also going to agree with Aaron. DOHC is way better than 400cc. And throw a turbo on that 3.4, and LOOK OUT. For every mod you can throw at the 3.8, if you tossed the same thing on a 3.4 you would get a way better HP gain. Nothing makes a engine breath better than tossing 2 more vavles on it.