Engine swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I need to get the Petty Edition running enough to at least move it to a suitable loaction. Im not sure of the extent of the damage. Two years ago the timing belt went and a cylinder got blown... it was also burning oil from what i've been told. The owner hasnt given me any details (yet) of what exactly happened.

What price tag would i be looking at just to swap an engine (its a 3.4) or get it to temporarily run (just needs to be able to drive a few miles).

Thanks guys

-R

I actually called someone yesterday and talked to them about putting a rebuilt 3.4L engine in my Cutlass.

I didn't write down the exact costs, since it was way out of my current budget, but the Total cost of the engine and installation was about $4500.

The engine itself was somewhere around $2800, and the actual installation labor was about $1000. The lady I talked to also mentioned that the 3.1L was about $1000 less than the 3.4L motor.

If you just want to get it moved somewhere you can work on it, I would call up a tow truck operator, and see what they say about moving it. I couldn't see that costing any more than $50.

Paul

Guest Anonymous

I just talked to her, the car still runs, barely. So i can move it around If I need to. So I can start it from time to time to keep the battery and all the fittings, seals, etc good... It just needs massive amounts of work done to the engine. It stalled here, supposedly the engine was out of water :?: and the mechanic fixed it and she took it home.

At least it still runs, knock on wood...

What about repairing a damaged engine?