a question for mr M. ....Jeff M. that is

rudefyet

I noticed in your sig your TGP has 450hp....all i can say is Saweet...I've been meaning to ask about it

if it's not too much trouble could you type up a list of most your mods

that and i saw your pics of your TGP on Chris A's site...and i was wondering what kind of times your running now with 450hp...like 0-60 and 1/4 mile

last but not least....do you still have the 4t60...if so..WOW...that's all i can say about that

8)

Thanks,

Matt

shucks

if i seriously had that much power i wouldn't share it either...that way i always have the fastest TGP

i can prolly figure out myself a lot of stuff i can do to create that much power...it would just be eaiser if he gave me something to compare it to :wink:

if he's worried about people harassing him for mods...then maybe he can pm me....i promise i won't tell anyone else...or bug him about making them for me :)

Just trying to figure out some of the major things he did...what turbo...boost level...and other stuff

It’s good to see a few know the outcome if I get too detailed on parts and upgrades :shock: :lol: . Fortunately I can divulge a little on this one since not many will want do this much work (let alone flush their tranny, radiator, brake lines of old fluid on the car they got now :lol: not without waiting until it breaks/fails and being mad), but if they do they are on their own just like I was. Stock block aligned bored and honed, balanced rotating assembly, full prepped stock rods, lower compression JE pistons and moly rings. Mild turbo cam, roller timing chain (pure custom install on that) 1.6 Crane Gold roller rockers (again, very custom to get them to fit), Gen III heads but now that I have enough years and had huge amounts of luck hooking up with the company that designed all these heads (and many other heads and intakes for GM), now have the Gen IIs flowing within a few cfm on the all important exhaust side. Custom welding of the stock lower intake to match the higher intake ports of the Gen III, gutted out TB. 30 lb injectors and TTA fuel pump, other tricks and special engine work but that is the juicy stuff, of course bigger turbo, just needing to get time to do the front mount, that much air is going to choke on the stock IC. Tons of tuning gear, air temp and pressure taps before and after IC and turbo, remote knock sensor with display, remote wide-band o2 display, that has had a patch in the chip since 2000 so the Diacom shows actual A/F same time it shows rpm and load, fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge, ECM mounted in car so chip emulator will work while running the car one the road for driveability and at the track and dyno for power tuning. No time to really finish it all yet, still working to finish what so many people have been hounding me for, head and turbo kit, engine kits, tranny kits, and turbo only upgrade, but a lot of great things are done just need to detail in a doc so any DIY can do it, just like the pipe install, hardly anyone has every complained the doc did not serve them fully, which is good, some great tweaking over the years from installers coming up with some field tricks.

So, back to work for me, 2 trannies going in tomorrow with custom clutches, one tranny is out of a TGP Pace Car that was chip’d since day one/new and only started slipping 3rd gear AFTER 180k MILES :!: :!: :!: Hoping to get any ideas to add to my kit, which is already completely comprehensive, but I am always looking for more-better 8) .

Jeff M

Sounds like a lot of time, engineering, and money went into that car. Sounds like its probably pretty badass. I wish mine was making 300hp...another 150hp on top of that must be CRAZY! The only thing I wanna know is how you are making 450hp with 30lb/hr. fuel injectors? Are you running lots of fuel pressure or something? My dads GTP makes 315whp (~395 at the crank) and last year when the car probably had about 20hp less then when he dyno'ed the 315 his 36lb/hr fuel injectors just couldn't flow enough fuel...he had to go to 42.5lb/hr injectors which are only supposed to be good for 500hp...so thats why I'm confused. If his 36lb/hr fuel injectors maxed out at 375hp, how is your car making 450hp with 30lb/hr injectors? Thats all I'm wondering.

Shawn

Sounds like a lot of time, engineering, and money went into that car. Sounds like its probably pretty badass. I wish mine was making 300hp...another 150hp on top of that must be CRAZY! The only thing I wanna know is how you are making 450hp with 30lb/hr. fuel injectors? Are you running lots of fuel pressure or something? My dads GTP makes 315whp (~395 at the crank) and last year when the car probably had about 20hp less then when he dyno'ed the 315 his 36lb/hr fuel injectors just couldn't flow enough fuel...he had to go to 42.5lb/hr injectors which are only supposed to be good for 500hp...so thats why I'm confused. If his 36lb/hr fuel injectors maxed out at 375hp, how is your car making 450hp with 30lb/hr injectors? Thats all I'm wondering.

Shawn

Yea a few years of research, work and testing, really have to be obsessed to do this, but can't think of many cars that inspire me that much like a TGP! More pressure AND more fuel flow, both need to be up to the task. Rpms play a part too, not much time for an injector to be open especially past 5,500 rpms. 29 lb injector on many Typhoons and Syclones frequently made 400+ hp, my truck only runs 55 lb injectors (easy to get it to idle, not easy with real big injectors on a 3.1L!) but makes/dyno'd 650 hp, that was helped by the double-pumper fuel supply system, at 12 psi boost (or whatever setting I want) the second Walbro 255 comes on. So the 30's work, might try larger for fun just to see how big is too big at low injector idle pw 8).

Jeff M

wow

donated more info than i though........ :shock:

Yea, but I have posted this a few times in the past :) , no one remembers, but you know that’s all your getting for now :lol: Don't want to spend precious time going over all the work behind that, and debating each item since there are always different feelings or ideas started by others on what should be used, too many learning curves for me at this time. Those who don't need to learn will be doing it themselves anyways 8) :D So now I need to get back and finish up the kit I will have made up for people so they CAN have it to install and run, 350 hp potential and those details will come soon, but not until then :!: :lol:

Jeff M

So Jeff, how much would you want, to duplicate that 450hp monster into my car? Not that I'd be able to afford it anytime soon :cry: , just wondering :)

If I could buy the time for myself to do it I would, just never enough time and is why you keep hearing me state this is one of my cars I am working on after years of waiting, Still got a Typhoon that needs work for 3 years now, web site that sucks for info but I got piles of good info just need time, if you can get me some time I will do your work for free :lol: Just for info, too many levels to quote, I typically go all the way as I did for an owner here recently, ripped out all wire looms, cleaned off all the oil and dirt, cleaned all the connections (grounds mainly) and installed all new looms and taped proper, cleaned and painted subframe (these things are easy to do when there is no engine, tranny or suspension in the way), primed and painted all the fluid lines (coolant, tranny, power steering, AC), sanded, smoothed out weld knubs, primed, color and cleared the entire engine bay and many engine parts, re-route all the wires and hoses to better places, list goes on and on and funny that after all this and a performance engine and tranny rebuild and so much more (lots of interior work, many details in this car, some free), the owner never complimented ANY of this work, and has had it now for 4 months still no words of acknowledgement, takes a lot out of me when that happens, but need to shut up and say, can be as cheap as 3-4k or as much as 5-6k, just toss together the parts listed, add the labor and you can get an idea. And these amounts mean nothing, seen higher hp for less, higher hp for a ton more, last I checked it was like $50k for an extra 100 hp to a Viper (Hennessy), about $20k for 650 hp in a SyTy but that gets you all new longer block and huge turbo etc, etc, depends on how many new parts you want, I got a new aluminum 60 degree block sitting here and if I had time, would put it into the 450 hp setup, but no time and I need the money to pay for all this R&D and rebuilds I do to test things I would sell....blah blah, got to crash, later today need to do 2 pipes up to take to the welders, buy 2 pipes, pick up radiator and (thanks for reminding me) take the camera for pics of the core plugged up, call on turbo upgrade status, deliver (never got to it yesterday, or last 3 weeks) 2 trannies to shop, on and on, maybe there is some time I can buy on eBay, they sell everything :lol:

Jeff M

quick make this a sticky

j/k :lol:

thanks for all the info though...gives me a goal for my TGP once i'm through with college....hopefully it won't cost too much...i'll do all the work myself...so it'll take me a few years but it'll be worth it :wink:

then i can buy another car and start all over...w00t :lol:

If you can do a lot yourself, that is the best, and I have enjoyed all the work I have done over the years, worked on a ton of TGPs and TSTEs, lots of pics of things, odd to see an engine bay empty, I mean no AC, no ABS, no subframe susepnsion struts etc, no wire looms at all, real naked, then clean and sort out everything, painting and putting it all back together, sure makes you appreciate all the work that went into designing a car, and assembling it at the plant. Once you do so much to make things look so great and run so much better/faster than it was every stock, you now have a unique car that will be faster and last longer than it ever did, just need to pick one worth doing, and I guess I am stuck on these damn cars :lol:

Now, quit replying so I can get some ZZZzzz :lol:

Jeff M

Hey Jeff, I was wondering if you had anymore of those McLaren badges for the front grill? :shock: I would love to get one, or two. :D

Me 3. :shock: I saw it on mfewtrails car. Me likey!!

P.S. - Oh, and I'm still working on finding more of your parts. Had to do my plugs/wires/ICM/ and coils last weekend. The old ones must have been in there a while, because the electrode had wore down to a gap of around .60!!! :shock:

Sorry, I had 15 of those made up a few years back and gave them all away to owners who helped me out doing things or getting things for me and the TGP board members, or those who said kind words about my products and/or services. They were a little bit in price but mainly because I only had 15 made, not sure there would be enough demand to get enough for a good price, too many times doing other things like this/the TGP Posters I spent a ton of money and only a few bought such things in the end :cry: .

THANKS for the update Hyeboy, looking forward to those parts soon as you can but we need to talk about all you could get and such so I can help you out on the much needed brake part :) Glad to hear you found some things your car needed, it can only help get things running better, and faster :D .

Jeff M