Vaccum Leak?

runt

Ok, this is for my friends '90 w/ 3.1 and 4T60. (goddamn is he way to lazy)

Anyway..he recently got the car running again but now it seems like there is another problem. As he begins to accelerate the car will rev normal. As it reaches the point at where it should shift, the car just holds the RPM's there and then goes a bit higher. Once it does this, it will hit 2nd gear and everything is fine. It's only for the 1-2 shift. There is no tach in the car so I can't read RPM's. (Then again I guess that really doesn't matter). But to me this sounds like a vaccum line is bad/missing/needs replaced.

Any other insight?

Thanks,

--Jeremy--

Guest Anonymous

Could be the vacuum modulator on the front of the tranny. Pull the vacuum line off of it and see if there is fluid in it. If there is it's junk.

Could be the vacuum modulator on the front of the tranny. Pull the vacuum line off of it and see if there is fluid in it. If there is it's junk.

You can also pull the line off the modulator and plug it with something (I used a nail and some tape).. this will put full vacuum pressure and it will shift REAL HARD. Its not really good for the tranny (be carefull when shifting from drive to reverse.. its very firm).