5 speed TGP video

skalor

Guest TurboSedan

yeah it sucks. i mean i blew chunks out of a '90 GP Getrag 282 without even being hard on it. i blew another Getrag 282 in an old '88 2.8 Corsica and all i did was downshift into 2nd @ 30mph coming off an interstate on-ramp (broke a shifter cable and BAM - synchro problems). i sure as hell have NOT had good luck with the 282...but i love them...they make driving soooo much fun!

everyone says "the Getrag 282 holds up fine in Fiero's with 350ci SBCs and Northstar's - just get a good clutch!" ...well uh yeah that might be fine in a light Fiero but it seems to be a problem in a 3500lb W-body unfortunately....heck i don't even have a powerful engine and it's a problem. i will never go with an automatic transmission myself, so the Getrag 284 is the obvious answer for me if the 282 doesn't cut it. i cannot help but think there was a reason that ASC/McLaren/Pontiac didn't offer the Getrag 282 5-speed on the TGP...that reason being the warantee of course. they probably spent enough time & money beefing up the TGP 4T60! too bad it took until '91 for GM to offer the Getrag 284...

Yeah, shutup Matt. :lol: I still think something was wrong. Luke's car has the same tranny (theoretically) and it hasen't given him problems yet (You better knock on some wood Luke) What's funny is right before that run I was thinking, "Fuck it, I'm just gonna get nitrous. That way I can launch as shitty as I want, and then just juice it. Still run 13's" :lol: Wish I would have acted on that one. :x I'm just gonna turn the machine shop at Guide loose, and let them build me a tranny 8) I WILL be buying a $1000 diff. for the next tranny. So that if the WHOLE FUCKING THING BLOWS, I'll still have a strong diff. :D

i got shivers considering i heard the trubo and the exhaust note of a 60' block....

omfg

*sigh* mabey i should turbo the 3.4 :twisted: :twisted:

Do it!!!!! 8) I've got a turbo 3.4 TDC planned for a future project, it will be in a RWD car though(I'm just brainstorming now, I'm poor for about another half year due to school). :oops:

(You better knock on some wood Luke)
I was banging my head on a stud in the garage the other day after being frustrated with the car.. if that counts? :lol:

Well, I was going to make some more vidoes, but my clutch master cylinder decided to take a crap on me. It's been leaking since I did the swap and I knew it wouldn't be long before I needed one, but I didn't feel like forking out over $100 for something that didn't break yet. Now, the problem is that I'm getting a '99 GP GTX next wednesday so the TGP is going to take the back burner for a while. :twisted:

Dang I almost think that thing might take me. Shit thank God I have high end, cuz you ran through the gears pretty fast. Then again, I was like HOLY SHIT after a ride in Luke's. His pulled really nicely. But even tho his fetl faster, a lot faster, it wasn't. I really need to race a few Getrag TGPs at a track!

Dang I almost think that thing might take me. Shit thank God I have high end, cuz you ran through the gears pretty fast. Then again, I was like HOLY SHIT after a ride in Luke's. His pulled really nicely. But even tho his fetl faster, a lot faster, it wasn't. I really need to race a few Getrag TGPs at a track!

I was looking forward to smacking your ass around the track too. Damnit. Oh well, looks like an even worse whooping is in store next year.

Remember, I have my new motor, my headers, and by then my Independent throttle body setup will be on and running. And i do not know how my car will react, but anything you do to the 3.4 plenum is good....

So we will see....

Guest TurboSedan

i can just see it now. Aaron meets someone from the forums in person at a dragstrip to race. Aaron's like "man i broke a header bolt so i have to race you with one front header and a rear exhaust manifold! oh man! ....and like, if you win....well that's why!"

LOL!!!

Nah I take a loss pretty good, just ask TGPilot. He bitch-owned me, BAD. And my car was runnign fine that night, no problems. And he just walked me. Nothin I could do. But mine was louder! And as soon as we lowered the altitude some 4000ft, thiings changed and I had a half second on it :wink: