My turbo DOHC update...

RedZMonte

I now only owe $150 on my T04E, I bought my Front mount I/C. the Intercooler is 32"x5"x4" (WidthxHightxdepth).

here is a pic that will look similar to my X-over pipe.

CSH7.jpg

RedZ

For what reason is this in the TGP forum?

Key word TURBO. I figured you guys of all people would be interested. That and i will have a few turbo questions along the way that you guys might be able to help me with.. if that is the case i figured you guys would like to be familiar with the project if i have problems..

Shane

hey dykz34 what kind of rims do you got on your car. What is the bolt pattern of them. I have rims but i want 5 star rims. Do the kind you have come in 5by110mm???

American Eagle 077 (AE077) they come in 5x115 and 5x114.3 for sure.. but if you need 5x100 you may want to check out the manuf. site or somthing like discount tire. and see if they offer them.

RedZ

Looks good Red!! Is that Polished or is that the Ceramic heat coating? Tig welding? Any chance of a tube header for a TGP motor? 8)

this one i believe it is Mandrel bent and is Jet coated. I am doing the same to mine. I am coating the stock manifolds, Crossover, Trubo housing and Downpipe. I do believe it is TIG welded. as for a tubular header.. it would be pretty pricy. I am currently looking at doing it on my L67 lumina. i am thinking of dong equil lenth "Shorty" headers. have the 2 outer collect as short as possible and have the middle go up then back down to get the same lenth as the 2 outer runners.. but that is another project/story.

Shane

Just payed off my Wastegate.. So now i have:

* T04E Turbo

* Turbonitics Deltagate (wastegate)

* Intercooler

* Misc Mandrel bent piping for charge pipes

* 2.5" SSBraided Flex and 2.5" mandrel bent piping for downpipe

* 2nd Stock Manifold (for rear of motor)

* 1st gen DSM BOV

Now I need:

* FMU $180

* Manuel boost controler $65

* Walbro 255 HP fuel pump $100

* T4 Trubo flanges ~$75

* Labor for exhaust piping $250 +/-

* SS Braided Oil Feed/Return lines ~$40

So as you can see the project is very close to being ready to start the install. The FMU is the next thing on my list. then the fuel pump.. I am going to get the boost controler for the initial install because i want to be able to adjust the boost starting at 1psi and see how the car likes it... then up the boost 1psi at a time untill i get to 5-7psi. I plan on running 10:1 on the FMU but for $30 i can buy a kit with all the different plates in it.. i think 12:1 may be too much.. if need be i will run the 12:1 but i don't think i will need it for 5-7psi.. I am running stock injectors for now.. if it looks like i need better ones i will eather look at the "saturn" injectors that supposably swap in or the RC Eng. injectors what ever is cheaper.

I might need to change my screen name to "Mile High PSI" because booth my cars are going to be boosted!

Shane

Are you sure that fuel pump is going to cut it. The stock TGP fuel pump is the same as the same year corvette which is about a 300 hp. engine? Your 3.4 makes 200-210 stock, multiplied times a likely gain of 30-50 % depending on booste level, making your engine about 260-300 hp. From my observation of my TGP's You can get great torque gains while while pulling less than 1 psi on the gauge, this is because the turbo has to build about 15 psi to overcome the negative 15 in vacuum an engine generally runs at. Wow, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about :shock: .

These are just general observations from a guy who has owned a lot of performance cars but who is mostly Old school.

Is your turbo a full T4? Or a hybrid? Care to share the specs? 8)

Aslo, what intercooler are you using?

The Turbo is a Straight T4 it a .68 ar, with a undivided tangential inlet (offset) for any other specs you may want to check out http://www.turbonetics.com.

I am using a Spearco Front mount I/C. the core dementions are like 24"x4.5"x3.75" (LxHxW) with custom 2.5" in/out end tanks. the I/C core was cut down from a HUGE core used on a 3000GT at a local performance shop. I will have pics soon.

RedZ