3.4L DOHC top speed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The main problem with doing ANY work to my engine is that its the imfamous 3.4L... Everything is crammed in without any space at all, I'm sure that you're familiar with this horrible setup. I had to go under the car to charge the AC. Just a few minutes ago, the battery was dead from working on the DIC all day (cd player, lights, sunroof, all on all day, never thought to actually start the car) and what a job it was getting cables in there.

As far as designing/building a CAI, the DIC is the LAST custom thing I am ever doing to the car... what a job that was, and still is, as I need a custom trim piece made to go around the destroyed dash... what a mess. Looks great tho. Anyway, if the K&N filter is going to get me better gasmilage, I'm all for it, becuase the GP SUCKS as far as gas economy.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BIGBULS

• 4spdz34

• Vegeta

• slick

Top Posters In This Topic

wait...Sappy and Vegeta are the same person...haha...i would have never guessed

Yep........he's an asshole all the way around.

He DOES design/program some pretty good chips though...........WAY better than what the larger companies can do.

Well ok if you say so

I was curious cause he acts a lot different on his board then he does this board

Well ok if you say so

I was curious cause he acts a lot different on his board then he does this board

I've run into him on Beretta.net, Mymonte.com, Here, GMperformancetuning.com and have perused GM 660 forums a few times.

He turns into an ass if you dissagree with him (many people do :P )...........especially when you ask him to PROVE why he thinks something is true. I mean, he's a smart guy, and right most of the time, but has some very fixed ideas about things (we still butt heads on the effectiveness of TB/IM porting for instance).

And he has an UNREASONING hate of L67's............and RSM too :lol:

But as I said..........he programs some good chips ..........I've personally driven a Beretta before/after one of his chips, and it helped noticeably.............and they are also DYNO proven (~4whp is the average gain on a 3.1L MFI, and I understand the 3.4L DOHC's do even better)..........something the mainstream chip manufacturers can't claim (they are dyno proven to not do shit).

• 1 month later...

I tmakes more than 5, cuz under 5whp you won't notice it, it will all be in your mind. And I DEFINATELY noticed it when i put the chip in. Maybe not MAX gain, but the overall curve. Like after 5800, it keeps pulling and doesn't drop power near as much.

I took my car out the other day, shifted out of 4th at 6, and that left me at 4 in 5th. wow, all power was lost. It was climbing through 5th, but much slower than through 4th. IT woulda taken a long road. I got it to 4800 in 5th, what MPH was this? It was still pulling, but I stopped becuz of the road. I had the speedo buried for some time tho.

I tmakes more than 5, cuz under 5whp you won't notice it, it will all be in your mind. And I DEFINATELY noticed it when i put the chip in. Maybe not MAX gain, but the overall curve. Like after 5800, it keeps pulling and doesn't drop power near as much.

I took my car out the other day, shifted out of 4th at 6, and that left me at 4 in 5th. wow, all power was lost. It was climbing through 5th, but much slower than through 4th. IT woulda taken a long road. I got it to 4800 in 5th, what MPH was this? It was still pulling, but I stopped becuz of the road. I had the speedo buried for some time tho.

On the subject of DOHC chips.......... *I* haven't ever seen a dyno chart of before and after (anyone?), but I have *heard* that the FFP/Ben chip adds only 2-3whp at the power peak, but more like 8whp AFTER the power peak.

Definitely noticeable.

And 4800rpm (indicated.......something like 4650-4700rpm actual I gather) is roughly 140mph in 5th gear on a HM-284 with the stock 225/60R16 tires.

With 245/50R16's it's "only" @136mph.

So around 140, not bad. Now I need to get a really long road and see when 5th stops pulling.

As for the sticker, obviously I put it on there as a joke.

Vegeta, your car will never be faster than mine :twisted:

Considering all the money you have to dump into your car, you may be right aaron. However, i wish you luck tuning it...you are gonna need more money to dump into that. Id say dollar per hp i got ya beat:P

Kinda :lol:

They do go through the cradle, but the cradle doesn't have any supports on it. It creeks A LOT, especially when braking. COrnering wasn't afftected, and it doesn't make much noise whhile cornering.

I get about 2 offers a week from guys wanting headers, and I really wish I could do it. But I just can't, at least not right now. Also I'd need a prototype auto, meaning I'd need it for at least 2 weeks, and I'd probly be dropping the tranny :lol:

Vegeta, we may have a deal.....