Strange Problem

GP1138

I'm sitting in the Swifty driveway in a long line of cars, waiting to get gas because the Goddamn oil barons decided $1.89 wasn't enough for our greedy American asses, $1.93 gas was reigning, and Swifty was selling it for $1.72.

Anyway, I'm sitting there, car's kinda half-cocked because I'm sitting half on and half off the incline. My engine is overheating like it always does, and running a tiny bit rough, and I'm looking at my speedometer, and it's registering 3 MPH, then 0, then 2, then 0, then 3-4, then 1, then 0.

What could be causing this calamity? 2.8 w/ 4T60 is my powertrain.

Maybe theres a problem with the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). Its on the transmission, under the alternator. If you replace it make sure to get the same one.

check the wiring to the speed sen. if you have access to a VOM than check the sen. by removing than just tuoch the leads to the connections. than with a peice of metal any thing magnetic just wave the metal over the end that was in the tran. if the ohm meter reading changes than speed sen. is most likely good.