polished wheels Update...

maybe2fast

I started a project -

1. sanded clear coat off the Euro rims (it had seen better days)

2. after a 220 grit final sanding I used a buffing wheel on them

3. with a polishing wheel aluminum polish was aplied

4. they almost look crome! (badass)

5. I still have to do the 2 on the drivers side

Pics hopefully soon

The car I got the hood off of had good tires on it so I put my polished wheel and tires on the z34 and his wheels on mine for 75 dollars! I then took paint stripper in a can from Murray's Discount Auto and sprayed them the clear coat came right of the wheels in 5-10 min!!!! then hosed them off, buff and better than phase 1

In the post above made bt Black90Euro, his wheels are polished check them out. I don't have a digital camera so his pics will have to do. Maybe if you guys are nice to him he will post more.

I used a buffing wheel drill attachment and a sanding wheel drill attachment. It would definetly take care of the corrosion problem (the clear coat is the corrosion problem) The buffing wheel should come with polishing element you need that.

your going to want to clear coat them if you ever plan on drivin that car in the winter...

Well I didn't clear coat mine and it's been 3 yrs. since I first did them,

I use Blue Magic polish and it has a silicone protectant in it and works fine

and makes them more shiney each time you use it. I guess it depends where you live too.

must be nice to live in NC I live in Michigan with all the f-ing salt

it pisses me off too, if those assholes could plow a road properly they wouldn't have to use salt

LOL Mark.. I know man.. Im messin with ya.. I however will be clear coating my rims because they wont be comin off in the winter, and the salt up here could take paint off an airplane.. But yea, I dont know if I want to powdercoat the insert things Black or Red.. Hmmm.. lol..

hehe ... I figured , yeah salt is Very bad on the finish. black or red ... humm , it's a personal preference I like black but red may work can't tell till ya see it ... :)