cryptnix

I was a complete dumb ass, thinking my car is all bomb z & great ...

Its a 1996 Cutlass Supreme ...

Well now I'm payin for it ... I believe now I have a problem with a clogged cat and a messed up MAF sensor, or something else ... who knows, this is why I'm asking you guys ...

The car runs fine in the morning or after its had a decent time of being able to rest, cause all my power is there ... enough to chirp the wheels (sometimes) ... so I am guessing that this is my cat ... cause I get a gargling sound when I listen undernieth ... New exaust more than likely coming up for this one .... (edited: and yeah, i heard this will cause power loss)

Now about the MAF sensor or something else ... When I get up in speed from 1000 rpm to 3500 rpm, it just kicks in ... like over drive or something or like a mini boost, I don't understand why its doing it. But if anyone can point me in a direction that'll serve me better please help me. Thanks.

check the cat after its been run for awhile, if its cloged it may be glowing hot. if it is you couldget a new one or take a crow bar and hammer to it and gut it :twisted: but i ought to note thats not legal in all areas with emission testing. as for maf i have no idea

When I give it gas to get up to speed ... (more than usual) about 3500 rpm I feel a slight boost when I hit that rpm band, I don't understand it... I guess that it sorta feels hesitant until I hit 3500 rpm ...

Another is that I hear a gargling sound down at my gas peddle... hard to explain sounds like a vibration ... I don't know really, but as you can see I am quite the newbie here.

Perhaps someone can tell me what it could be...