Upgrading a NON-S/C 3800 SeriesII engine

W-Body Geek

I was thinking about putting a Supercharger kit on my current 3800 engine.I'm guessing their will be some heavy fabrication to do this application.My question is:

1.)What would need to be done?

&

2.)What's the best S/C(supercharge)kit out on the market for a V6 3800 engine?

Yes, there's a centrifugal kit like he mentioned, but it's incredibly expensive.

I'd like to suggest two other options to you:

A) buy all the N/A performance parts and make a really powerful N/A pushrod V6 to show the masses it can be done. There's a guy with about 260 fwhp with an N/A L36...I bet you could do it for about the same price as that kit.

B) Drop in an L67...it'd be about the same price as that kit, maybe cheaper. Even though an L67 isn't quite as powerful as an L36 with that kit, it's easier, cheaper, and engineered by GM, not ZZP.

Yeah that kit is incredibly expensive. I would do some head work, and some 1.9:1 rockers, and raise the compression. Perhaps a turbo would be better like the thread with the turbo GPGT.

Yeah, you would be much better off just doing a swap.

I'm thinking about that too.If I proceed with an engine swap,I would be getting the engine from the dealership or maybe ebay...