Factory Build Sheet

digitaloutsider

they got stuffed wherever and not all cars got them - there was a build sheet for every car but the line workers stuck them wherever... in the camaro world i've found them under carpet, in seat backs/bottoms of fronts and rears, on top of the gas tank. unfortunately i took my seats and carpet out and didnt find one. i know on c4 corvettes alot got stuffed into the framerails, we found ours there but didnt pull it out yet cause its really in there and would probably just rip it up getting it out. ive even found the build sheet for different cars in them.

I've heard people say it's located behind the rear seats, but I took them out, and it's not there. Where is this damn thing supposed to be located?! :x :evil:

If you find yours, let me know...I want mine!!!

Shawn

heck untill tonight i did not even know GM put buildsheets in their cars. i thought that was just a mopar thing. sounds like someone needs to find a few cars that are getting parted out and look high and low for it

Wow neat.. I'm gonna have to do some digging this summer. I've got my '89 ripped to hell... no build sheet in that thing. Then again, I'm not the only one who's owned it.

I've taken all kinds of shit out of my 93 GP(original owner) and never found one lurking in there...I'm also going to assume that volvo doesn't do this since I've ripped apart every damn thing on a 740 before save for dropping the gas tank in the car(fuel cell coming soon so it's gonna be ripped out).

Guest Gp crazy

Your not going to find a build sheet in our cars .

there is a sticker in the trunk on the spare tire cover .

most times it rubed off or got wet so you can't read it .

that has the RPO## on it

so far i have'nt found a build sheet in my 1990 ste or my 1989 se

i have taken both cars apart to the right down to almost nothing .

but if you find one post it i would like to seen one 8)

jeff b

We all know about the SPI label. That's not why we're looking for it. People on this forum have found their factory build sheets stuffed in their cars at random places. Not all got them, though. Just depends on whoever was working the line that day.

It's the first paper that's printed out before your car is made. It's stuck to a frame and sent down the assembly line. It tells line workers what the car has on it, and once it's put on, it's checked off and it continues down the line. At the end, they can either stuff them in the car, or toss them.

WTF is up with the SIG Shaun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks goood

LOL

And you wonder why nobody messes with my GP........

It's cool admit it..

And for those that don't know, Dave's car is evil for the following reasons: It looks evil, plus it burnt down a car painting facility! It's true! Someone was going to get a paintjob similar to it, and that night, the entire painting place burnt down, taking the car with it. Coincidence? I think not.

• 1 year later...

i found the build sheet in my 81 regal when i pulled the back seat out to install my stereo... it was stuck in the springs of the seat...

only thing i had to proove that it only had a 2.29 rear end in it. havent seen one in my monte yet

I found the one for my moms '03 Impala in with the floormats before the dealer had time to do the prep on it before we bought it. Needless to say, I snatched it. When I get a chance I'll scan it and throw a pic on here.

As for the older W's I have no idea. On all of my old A-body's (77 Monte and 77 Chevelle) they were found under the carpets, seats, dashboards or above the gastanks or sometimes inbetween the metal in the trunk. Never have found it because I have dismantled them all and they are just plain old not there.

I know when I rebuilt the front end of my Z34 I saw a label with the codes Z34, LQ1 and M27 on the frame on the right side where the bumper attaches. As for a real build sheet I found one for a Regal behind the dash once.