4T60-E in a TGP

god910

Well, I'm thinking of buying that 4T60E and the 3K stall w/ LSD in the for sale section. I'm just wondering would it be worth it? Do you know anyone that's had an E that would actually hold up? It says 400HP, the LSD is awfully tempting too. I might actually have to have a fast auto TGP as well. Maybe the red one :twisted: Anyhow, ideas are welcome.

You would have to run another ECM in parallel. Too much work to program a TGP chip that can control a 4T60-E, I think... you'd have to be a very experienced MC68HC11 assembly programmer to do that.

Anyway, adapting a 4T60-E/65-E into an older W-body is on my list of future things to do. A simple microcontroller would only need inputs from TPS and VSS. To control a 65-E would need an additional input from MAP.

The rest would be wiring up the microcontroller and MOSFETs to switch the necessary solenoids on and off, and the hardest part is probably writing the program for the micro.

• 2 weeks later...

No, you only get a signal to the BOV when there is manifold vacuum. There is only man. vacuum when the T/Blade closes. But you still get it when you let off, such as after a burnout in the staging lane. 8)