flipped a w-body on "Sliders"

Lee

Yeah there are days when I have no life....many!

Anyway, The 91-92 4dr. Regal Gran Sport (Silver) came screeching around the corner, rearends some car, explodes and flips onto its roof sliding to a stop on fire.

Obviously I liked watching my car crash!

Wish you all could see your model explode and flip.......(See first sentence.)

Guest TurboSedan

i see lots of totally fucked up smashed to hell w-bodies in the salvage yard and i think it is very interesting, ecpecially concerning how these cars hold up in wrecks. most w-bodies i see in salvage yards shouldn't even be there.....they probably just have a junk 4T60 or a blown 3.1 or something.....for example the Turbo STE i'm trying to buy...that is sitting in the salvage yard right now for no other reason than a bad turbo (turbo is probably sitting it the trunk) and an owner who defaulted on his car loan. last week me and iTurbo went to several salvage yards in Denver and although i didn't find any TGP's, we DID find an '89 Maserati TC by Chrysler with a 2.2 Turbo-2 with 69,000 miles!! my brother and i quickly picked up the whole head and intake/exhaust manifolds (sitting in the trunk) and a mint Maserati TC owners manual for $75. it is really too bad that Maserati was even there. no body damage, no rust...nice leather interior etc...we quickly determined that the car was there since 9/02 (paint markers on the body) and that it was there because the turbo went out (the turbo was gone). too bad the Maserati didn't have a the turbo 16 valve engine with the Maserati head.....my brother would have shit a brick! still, the Dodge 'Turbo 2' 2.2L engine is awesome...definately a tough match for the TGP....actually, i would expect a stock 2.2 Turbo 2/5-speed to WASTE a stock TGP....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

actually, if you look in my sig pic, iTurbo's Shelby Lancer (1 of 780) is sitting right behind my CS (we both went from Gillette, WY to State College, PN on a Greyhound Bus to pick that car up (3 days of absolute HELL) and i blew the the original engine in the middle of SD on the way back...put a quarter size hole right in the block). his new 2.2L Turbo2 (Chrysler R&D engine) will completely obliterate my CS and will take out new Mustangs with ease. of course, his BIG NPR intercooler, grainger valve and anti-lag valve help...iTurbo effectively infected me with 'Turbo envy' virus....he is now building his '85 Omni GLH with a 'Turbo 2' 2.5L engine...i don't see how i could possibly beat something like that with a 3.1 Turbo without VERY SERIOUS MODS>......

joshua

Waste it or not, those 80's Chryslers are fugly! :lol:

If some guy wastes me in an 80's Chrysler, I'll say, "good for him", because to put up with that ugly of a ride, the guy deserves SOMETHING.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It makes me sad to see W-bodies in the junkyard that would have been easy fixers. I feel like I wish I rescued them. I guess that's one reason why I have so many W-bodies, I like rescuing them. :)

There's a Turbo STE in the local JY that I go to. Fully loaded, perfect interior, excellent paint. So sad, that one... :cry: ...got tagged in the wheel causing minor damage behind the fender and bending the control arm (subframe looked fine). I didn't find it in time, so it was stripped by the time I found it. :cry: Oh well, I got a VFD trip computer out of it.

Guest TurboSedan

IMO the Maserati TC is a beautiful car....it was even shipped fom Italy (VIN starts with a 'Z'.) pretty much Chrysler's equivalent to the Cadillac Pina Farinna Allante. there are some Turbo Dodge's that are downright awesome, and of course i think the '87 Shelby Lancer (1 of 780) & '88-'89 Lancer Shelby (500 each year) is one of them (the '88 & 89 are not 'real' Shelby's). another of my favorite Turbo Dodge's is the Spirit R/T,.......AWESOME CAR! with its Turbo4, that thing will embarass a TGP with ease! all of the 'real' Shelby's are not to be messed with....the '86 & '87 GHLS (Turbo2), the '87 Shelby Lancer (Turbo2), the '87 CSX (Turbo2) & '89 VNT (Turbo3) Shelby CSX Shadow are badass ('88 Shelby CSX was a Turbo1 Hertz Rent a Racer). i want a VNT T-25/T28 for my 3.1MPFI!!!!!!

joshua

It makes me sad to see W-bodies in the junkyard that would have been easy fixers. I feel like I wish I rescued them. I guess that's one reason why I have so many W-bodies, I like rescuing them. :)

Shawn - the W-body EMT! :P

IMO the Maserati TC is a beautiful car....it was even shipped fom Italy (VIN starts with a 'Z'.) pretty much Chrysler's equivalent to the Cadillac Pina Farinna Allante. there are some Turbo Dodge's that are downright awesome, and of course i think the '87 Shelby Lancer (1 of 780) & '88-'89 Lancer Shelby (500 each year) is one of them (the '88 & 89 are not 'real' Shelby's). another of my favorite Turbo Dodge's is the Spirit R/T,.......AWESOME CAR! with its Turbo4, that thing will embarass a TGP with ease! all of the 'real' Shelby's are not to be messed with....the '86 & '87 GHLS (Turbo2), the '87 Shelby Lancer (Turbo2), the '87 CSX (Turbo2) & '89 VNT (Turbo3) Shelby CSX Shadow are badass ('88 Shelby CSX was a Turbo1 Hertz Rent a Racer). i want a VNT T-25/T28 for my 3.1MPFI!!!!!!

joshua

I've seen the Maserati Lebaron... can't say I'm a big Allante fan either.

To all those Chryslers you mention... I shake my fist and yell, "UGLY!" :lol:

Thank you. Personally, my first car was an older Dodge (1982 Mirada). The car was fugly as sin. That is why I was grateful that it had a big V-8 in it (318). I did not even want to look at the car, so I drove it fast so that nobody would see it. The car was actually in EXCELLENT condition. The paint was faded, but still shiny (it was white with maroon interior). The car was given to me by my grandparents (it was originally my grandmothers, she had bought it new and too REALLY good care of it). If it tells you anyting about the cars condition being in good shape, there were not any rips or tears in the seat when I got it (maroon vinyl interior). It was garaged, and maintained. All that I miss about that car is the V-8, and rear wheel drive.

Taylor

Guest TurboSedan
I want an 86 Omni GLH/GLHS :(

hell yes! that car has more potential for speed than any other Turbo Dodge since the thing is sooo light. iTurbo (my brother) is transplanting a 2.5 Turbo/A525 into his '85 Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell) right now. he pulled the engine from a caravan, and last week we got the Head/Intake/Exhaust/Fuel Injection off of the above mentioned '89 Maserati that had a 2.2 Turbo2 engine. so it's basically going to have a 2.5 Turbo2 engine, along with his BIG Isuzu NPR intercooler and custom plumbing, and alot of other stuff like DSM 1g BOV, anti-lag valve from Home Depot, grainger valve for boost controller, etc. he also has a hella fast '89 Shadow ES with a 2.5 Turbo2, along with a very rare and very fast '87 Shelby Lancer. so that pretty much explains why i like the Turbo Dodge's sooo much. iTurbo infected me with The Turbo Virus.

joshua

Guest Anonymous

When I first met the girl I'm with now she had a turbo Daytona. All I ever heard was that thing is such a piece of shit. It has no power and doesn't run right. I found the intake hose had a tear in it. I half-assed fixed it for her, but didn't say anything. She went to take off the next day and came back to ask wtf did I do to her car. I asked why and she says, fucking thing wants to burn tire. I laughed my ass off. Maybe I'll buy it back from her ex brother-in-law, strip it and take it to the track. Hmmm.....

My first car was an '86 Dodge Omni.

My dad had a 1993 Mopar Performance parts catalog. He tried convincing me to get the head/intake manifold/efi system/exhaust/turbo from a JY Daytona or similar, then go to town with the parts from the catalog and make a 12 second rollerskate.

If it were four years later, I would have said yes to annihilating Hondas...

still, the Dodge 'Turbo 2' 2.2L engine is awesome...definately a tough match for the TGP....actually, i would expect a stock 2.2 Turbo 2/5-speed to WASTE a stock TGP....

joshua

I can get a 2.5 Turbo II for cheap with Turbo auto tranny its sitting the guy hit a deer and the turbo was going but other then that Perfect.....

You havn't seen anything more twisted than a 2.5 Turbo Caravan with exterior Wood Trim. I've seen them parked and stuf but I never hear one moving. My friend though, on the Expressway had his windows open and this wooden van was going to pass someone and he heard the turbo charge up, he took a double take and said, "Oh my god is that wooded pos turbo charged???" he said the van was smoking and all:) I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that. Anther time my friend was driving down the service road to get on the expressway when some HIGH CLASS, BLONDE HAIRED, BRIGHT RED FINGERNAILED woman speed at full throttle smoking the tires(I guess her thing was off)out of the adjacent street to the Expressway on ramp in her Brand New BLACK WITH CHROME WHEELS AND 4 PIPES Caddillac Eldorado ETC! SHE was fucking gone and he couldn'd find her anywhere. My Friend was thinking when he saw her car do that HP manuver with her long blond full bodied silky hair flapping out the window and her firm grip on that sexy steering wheel that she really and truely loved her Caddilac.

Guest TurboSedan

I can get a 2.5 Turbo II for cheap with Turbo auto tranny its sitting the guy hit a deer and the turbo was going but other then that Perfect.....

no such thing as a 2.5 Turbo2....all 2.5's were Turbo1 (non-intercooled).....unless you add a Turbo2 setup to a 2.5 engine...

joshua