ACC question

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

what is needed for the ACC upgrade? i have the ACC unit and all pigtails, the inside temp sensor with pigtails, that small grille thing, and the convoluted tubing, and the outside temp sensor with pigtails. i'm going to the salvage yard again soon and need to know if i need to get anything else...isn't there some sort of fan motor control? if so where do i find that? i'm also curious where that convoluted tubing for the inside temp sensor goes to? thanks again everyone

joshua

The inside temp sensor tubing goes behind the dash. You need to take the dash out, and run it to the right, and back. I can't really describe how, but I can scan a picture. You will totally need to re-wire the dash (DUH!!!), and not all of the wiring is there so you will need to add wires, and not use wires (I ended up not using about 2 or 3 of the original wires).

YOU WILL NEED THE BLOWER CONTROLLER!!!!!

This is located under the dash WAY BACK against the firewall. It is very difficult to get to, so you will have to be patient. I think that there is 3 7mm screws holding it in. If you look in your car, it is located towards the center of the car WAY BACK THERE, and there is about 4 4ires going into the plug. If you get the one that you need, there is 2 plugs. One has a PURPLE wire, and a BLACK wire, the other has just one RED wire.

Taylor

Yea, that inside temp sensor goes all the way near the firewall, in the ducting for the heater/ac. You have to knock out a square peice of plastic, and the sensor snaps right in. The dash will have to come off. I didn't have to remove mine completely, but it would be easier if you did.

Jason

Guest TurboSedan

cool thanks for the help guys. i think i'm going to go down to Denver on Monday (maybe) but if not on Monday then the next week. i'll be getting lots of stuff, um let's see - a fan motor control, a black CS steering wheel with controls (yet another interior electronic project), a grey GP STE HUD, a '90 CS shifter and handle (they are different from my '90 GP shifter and handle), look around for a good passenger side Intenational series body skirting, check the price on an International series front bumper, study the HUD mounting details on the '90 CS i got it from.....man i'll be busy! i'll try to get your set of grey leather seats if i can Jason, or at least try to get some pics. also a DIC, and blue filter from the ACC for Shawn and some other stuff for other people. i'm sure i won't get everything but i'll try.

joshua