Weird Noise

Bruticus

Hey all i have a bit of a problem with my Lumina. A few weeks ago i noticed a strange humming sound coming from the drivers side wheel area. It would get louder as i drive at a higher speed. It wasnt too loud now its real loud and its starting to drive me nuts does anyone have any idea what this is ?

Yeah those can make some noise. Your car isn't making that noise in park is it? And if its shifting okay then that could likely be your problem. I'd take it to a shop and have them take a look at it (not sure how to check that yourself.. maybe someone else here can help. I just know how to look for bad balljoint/tierod).

Nope it doesnt make the noise in park. Only when im driving around it makes this noise its starting to drive me nuts. I'll take it to the mechanic tomorrow and see what he says.

Make sure your wheel lug nuts are tight.

Set the emergency brake. Raise the front of the engine so the two front wheels are off the ground. Set the transmission ger to Neutral. Spin the wheels and see if you can duplicate the problem.