New Motor Mount

maybe2fast

So I had already put the dog bone mounts on my car. But I found out that I needed a lower front right side mount (it is the liquid filled one) Oh my God! it is a totally new car it starts nicer, accelerats nicer, and drives nicer it is a totally new car and I have had it since December 2001.

Oh and Robby and any others that said not to worry about the vibration in gear it was the mount so I don't know if you guys want to check your mounts because the car idles so nice I think it died it is so smooth

regarding the idle problem in gear, could you describe the problem...I am having a vibration at low speed that goes away and also in reverse, I get a little shimmy from the engine area...maybe motor mount. Also, what mileage is your car? Mine has 77k and I have owned it for 5 days!!! Thanks

Thomas

The vibration was in gear and in reverse at idle it was a bad motor mount the right front passenger side mount it is liquid filled and about $70.00

liquid filled? what year is your lumina? my passenger side mount is solid rubber from what i can tell. and it cost me 58 bucks and a few smashed fingers to replace it

When I did the mount on the 91 Regal it was solid rubber, $42.

It was a pain in the ass because the bolts did not want to align to the subframe.

oh great i have a 91 regal and need to change out that mount too, mine looks like jelly, and is collapsed :( but they said it was 50 bucks, dont know about being liquid filled or not though

u need a hoist to lift the car and a trans jack to lift the engine up from under the car. Oh! and some sockets, wrenchs and some work cloths Oh Oh and a cup of coffee and a new mount too!