Will it bolt up?

Jon89le

Simple question, will the 3800 motor bolt up to a 4T60 transmission? And if so, will it make a difference that the stock 3800 4T65 transmission is E-controlled and the 4T60 isnt? Thanks.

Oh sweet. Im looking into it now since i actually have no hw to do. I was going to do a 3400 ported topend swap on my car and then put a turbo on it but im just rethinking building a 3800 outside the car. The 3800 market is soring and allows greater flexibility. I have to redo my homework on it but i remember certain year 3800s being easier to swap over.

Might wanna be careful. If you're going to use the Supercharged version (RPO: L67), the 4T60 might not be able to handle that kind of torque. If you're going to use the N/A Series II version (L36), don't beef it up too much. The 4T60 can handle 205hp (stock TGP hp,) but probably can't handle much more. I know some of the TGP people have blown multiple trannies. It might be better to buy a tranny with your 3800 and sell your 4t60.

Just know that if you use a series II 3800, you cant use the PCM and wiring harness, since a 4T60 isnt electronically controlled. There for the 3800 PCM wont know what gear its in and go crazy

Ok, that was the second part to my question. So the only way would be to either have strong enough 4T60E or the -65E. Is there anyway to dissable the PCM from controlling the transmission?

Ok, that was the second part to my question. So the only way would be to either have strong enough 4T60E or the -65E. Is there anyway to dissable the PCM from controlling the transmission?

Dont know about disabling.....I doubt its possible with the Flash OBDII BS. You'd be better off finding a beefed up -60E or -65E. It would make the wiring and swap so much easier

Alright. Of the two i guess itd be easier to just get a beefed up -65. It seems like the only thing thats solid on those damn trannys is the outer shell. :lol: . I might get lucky since a guy in the family does race trannys for a living back home in NYC.