Question about starter?

2fast

Well I have a friend who has a 90 lumina with a 2.5 4 cyl in it, It just had a new starter put in less than a year ago, and now all it does is make a really loud clicking noise, you can hear the selonoid(spell?) click, and it sounds like the shaft is hitting the flywheel, but I took the starter off, and the flywheel is undamaged. Do you guys think the starter is junk, or do you think it's something else? Any help would be appreciated! I gotta get this car running. Please help!

my neighbor had this same issue with her 2.? 1995 sunfire. I switched the starter out with a rebuilt one after never figuring out the problem and the rebuilt starter worked like a gem. The old starter even passed a bench test at my buddies champion auto store. He said that occasionally you will have one that will be fine without the load on the bench but you put it back in the car and it will not work under the load from crank and flywheel.

Is it at all possible that the battery's low? or did it suddenly get colder out? It happened to one of the vehicles roaming my house. Probably not the starter if it's that new.