Cone Filter from Auto Zone

maybe2fast

So I decided to purchase a new cone air filter and cone crankcase filter because my old one was looking alittle shaddy. I noticed a difference when the new one was installed, I didn't think I was going to. Anyways Guys if you are looking for a cool cone filter that breathes really well go to autozone in the burner section and pick one up. Just thought I would post this, I know it isn't oil charged but still a nice filter.

Shitty ass $22 autozone filter, flows VERY well becuase it lets in 100x more dirt then a stock filter, dont believe me, in 200 miles look at the backside of the throttle body and see how much sand and dirt is on there.

reactive, k&n and edelbrocks cool blue filters are cotton gauze and do a pretty good filtering jobs.

-Jeff

Yeah I had one of those $20 APC cones from Autozone. I didn't really think that it let that much stuff in. In all reality, it was about the same from stock to that. Now i have a slightly different intake on there, with a better cone...but I mean maybe my eyes just sucked, but the APC cone wasn't too bad IMO.

My Rative is doing well, and I have checked the throttle body each time I clean it. I clean it 2 times a year and re-oil. K&N would have been nice but I went cheap and like the heat deflector cone Idea.

just a thought 1997 or something ford trucks use paper cone filters they are like 10 inches long and the same size as aftermaket ones

the best part there only 6-12 bucks if you dont want to spend alot and have the safety of a good air filter there made by fram i think

or a smaller one from a 96 windstar 3.8 works too they sound better then stock

A) Dont buy fram

B) Ford sucks

C) the ford factory "cone" filter wont attach to an intake tube like the aftermarket ones, it needs the special ford intake setup.

-Jeff

A) Dont buy fram

B) Ford sucks

C) the ford factory "cone" filter wont attach to an intake tube like the aftermarket ones, it needs the special ford intake setup.

-Jeff

you can use the intake box and the filter and cuz its round it does not take up as mutch room just a thought i would not put ford parts on mine either

527299_13_full.jpg