fuel line size?

weasle_13

it is steel. what i am doing, is relocating the fuel filter to the front of the car, so i can put a y pipe in my exhaust. if i leave the filter where it is, the exhaust will not split in the canter of the car, and instead, will split farther back, at the right axel. i have consulted several people on this, and all have said that it is ok to do so, and to try to use stainless steel braided line to replace the cut section. what is your opinion.

i just don't like the way the exhaust looks when it isn't split in the center. it looks uneven to me, that may not be true for stock pipes, but i cut mine out for 2.5" stainless steel. there really aren't any technical performance reasons, just asthetic ones.

Alright, I was just curious. You cant even see my y-pipe unless you get on the ground. Its really not visible. Just my thoughts though. I wouldnt go to the trouble of moving the fuel filter for an exhaust set up......but Im lazy like that

is your car lowered, and does the db level seem the same on both sides. i am really second guessing this project. also, what size pipes, and outlet do you have.

Car is not lowered at all and the decibel level is the same, given the location of my mufflers. I have one muffler on each side right before the tips you see in my sig. From the downpipe to the Y-pipe its 2.25" and the Y spilts it into two 2" sections. You dont need 2.5" on an otherwise stock 3.1L. Im gonna try and scrounge up some pics of my car from the rear, will post here when I find them

EDIT: Here they are (sorry about the size)

This was taken about a year and a half ago....I was sitting down when I took it:

end_tips.jpg

This was taken same time as the other pic and I was standing up:

ass_end.jpg

i was actually planning on getting two inch, but the guy who did it said that 2.5 would fit, and i figured what the hell. my exhaust is different as well, i was able to get two 4.5" fireball gts mufflers,(i know it seems like rice) and it is nice to pul next to a civic or even an accord with thier 3 inch and make them cry.

yes, i have pics, but i haven't loaded them onto cardomain yet.

trust me, you can't see the split unless you are under the car. you can't see it standing up behind the car, you can't see it looking at the car from down the street at a low angle. you have to lay on the ground and look under the car to see the split in the exhaust

why do unnecessary work moving the fuel filter and fuel lines around?

• 2 weeks later...

well, i took you guys advice, and i must say it looks and sounds good. there is a little more flow to the right side, but nothing to big. the shop did their best to hide the pipe, but 2.5" aint the easy to hide without lowering.