Window tint problem

n8_

I did a search but it didn't really turn up that much unless I'm blind.

Anyways, 94 Olds Cutlass Supreme 4 door...nobody will touch it. Only shop that will considering doing it is Ziebart, and they want $399 and even for that they said the lifetime warranty probably will not apply to the back window. I'm in the process of searching for a shop who will tint my windows without me having to sell a kidney. Did any of you other 4 door Cutty guys with tint have a problem?

there are a couple guys in the MN chapter of clubGP that doit. from what i have seen they do a nice job. not sure on price though.

might hit up clubGP and look for someone near you that could help.

Monty

I talked to tint king this week, and we were talking about 4 door cuttys and he said the reasong the back window is so hard, is because he would have to do it in three pieces. he also said that in time, the pieces start to peel individual from the sun and it looks nasty. He told me 150 just to do the rear !

josh

the good tint is metalized, the shitty stuff that turns purple is dyed, make sure you know what you are getting. a good tinter will do the back in one piece not three. the two door cutty's are harder than the 4, they said that wrap around back and those angles are hard as phuck. mine is sweet and cost $140, I wouldn't go over $200 look around and see the work people have done good luck.

yah, I had my 2 door cutty done 20% for 160CDN. I can't get over the outrageous prices all you guys pay for tinting! If they say 3 pieces, don't take your car there. That's retarted!

Thats strange all the tint places were willing to do my car, Tint King did it and did an excellent job BTW. :wink: $200CND

Thats cause its a GP... the rear windows in those Cutlass sedans have a hell of a nasty curve.

Yeah I know the curves are crazy..the flare on the bottom isn't a problem anymore. Tint places back in central IL wouldn't touch my Beretta, but in the city here in IN they can do Berettas real cheap. I know one thing though, I'm not paying $399 for it, I'll just go without. I gotta call some places in Indy tomorrow.

The person I took my 89 to had no problems at all with the back 3. He got it done in an afternoon. Charged me $80US.

He used Solargard metallized. I had it parked outside in the sun for 3yrs. No problems with color changing. He was able to do the rear window in 1 piece.

I don't know about 4drs, but I've seen several tinted 4drs so I know it can be done.