How to acquire TGP turbocharger

iTurbo

What would I need to do to get a turbocharger for a a 3.1L turbo project, if I don't have a core TGP turbocharger?

I've seen the flanges on the TGP x-over pipe and downpipe. It looks like the turbine flange is shaped like a standard T3 turbo (rectangular bolt pattern such as the Ford 2.3) but is a lot smaller. Is this unique to the TGP? Is welding on a different flange onto the x-over pipe the only way out?

And if I did manage to get a stock TGP turbocharger, how would I go about fabricating a downpipe, if a stock TGP downpipe isn't available?

I have an Extra Crossover and trubo. I was going to list them on ebay within the next day or two, but if your interested????

The Turbo itself has almost NO play, the crossover seems good, but i have not peeled off the sheild yet. Anyone interested???

I'm asking $100 for the crossover (provided it's good) and $150 for the turbo, But anyone willing to take both at the same time can have them for $225. I'll take pics tonight and post them here.

The crossover has a crack (small) but there IS a crack for anyone interested. Because of this I'd like to keep the turbo & crossover together, and the price on the crossover because of the crack is now $50.00

Turbo is good though.Email me if interested, Cause this friday it goes onto ebay.

I emailed you about the turbo and x-over. Does the turbocharger include the wastegate actuator or the oil/coolant lines?

I would still like to buy it, so just let me know how much the total is w/shipping. Thanks.

11210002.jpg

11210003.jpg

11200002.jpg

I have a pic with the leaky baffle, but i'm running out of room on strike9 i think, I uploaded it but it seems to be dropping off older photos as I upload new ones... Let me know whoever is still interested.

I still have it, I'm sorry I have not been able to post or get shipping charges, ...My wife and I are selling our house, and it's exausting how much work goes into cleaning it, listing it......getting out of the house while the realitor has an open house.....Fuck-- I am exhausted!!!

The crossover is Bad--I don't know if I mentioned that before, so it's not the $100 i initially said, it only $50.00.... I will get shipping charges to WY this week....

Once again... sorry for the delay.....I've got so much on my plate I think i'm going to take up a recreational drug...JK

Oh and by the way....to all.... My Cutlass project may have died before I ever got it off the ground... I'm really pissed... someone hit me in a parking lot... I have a big freaking dent on my pass side fender. I have a Crack that goes the length of the windsheld, and even though I rustproffed the shit out of it, I'm getting more n more rust appering....I'm so frustrated, I have decided not to dump this kick ass motor in the Cutlass... It's still a cool car, I have the HUD, sterring wheel controls, lumbar seats, electronic climate control....But I feel I'm fighting a loosing battle. I think I want to find a different car to choose as a "project car".

So just in case anyone is interested, I have a Ton of extra parts:

HM-282 with shifter cables & halfshafts, slave & mater cylinder & pedals.

I also have an intercooler and fan.

I have an extra INTL wheel.

An extra Climate control and ON board computer (DIC)

I have the TGP (DIC)

If anyone is interested E-mail me at lgrable@newark.com

Lee, let me know if nobody buys that turbo & crossover off you. I would love to have a spare, or maybe build a turbo Cutlass for fun. I have several "extra" Cutlass Supremes now.

Or... interested in an extra Cutlass Supreme? I can certainly spare one. Never been hit!

i take it the turbo/crossover is sold?

joshua

you have a spare X-over i can copy.. if so i can copy them and add any flange you guys want.. T3, T4, T25, T28.... Anything. it would be a bit cheaper in price then jeffs i estimate.. Stainless with braided flexes and O2 Bung and Jet coating.

RedZ

Guest TurboSedan

i have one crossover sitting in my closet right now, and i'm hoping to end up with this other one that IntlCutlass has along with his Turbo (thank you iTurbo). i plan on one setup with a T-25, and the other with a T3. i haven't pulled the heat shield off of mine yet but i'm sure i will see cracks. i was going to try to get to Denver (and Loveland) this week but i'm working overtime at work and also have to go home for Thankgiving too. i'm pretty sure my brother and i will be hitting salvage yards in Denver next week tho. i'll give you a call before i stop by. btw, i also found a TGP downpipe and a '3.1 Intercooled Turbo' plenum this week too :) so hopefully i have EVERYTHING i need to turbocharge a 3.1 pretty soon. then it's just a matter of buying a 3.1 shortblock, or having one built - i'm not sure how to go about that....

RedZ, do you know of any places that can recore my TGP radiator for fairly cheap in the area?

thanks,

joshua

i have one crossover sitting in my closet right now, and i'm hoping to end up with this other one that IntlCutlass has along with his Turbo (thank you iTurbo). i plan on one setup with a T-25, and the other with a T3. i haven't pulled the heat shield off of mine yet but i'm sure i will see cracks. i was going to try to get to Denver (and Loveland) this week but i'm working overtime at work and also have to go home for Thankgiving too. i'm pretty sure my brother and i will be hitting salvage yards in Denver next week tho. i'll give you a call before i stop by. btw, i also found a TGP downpipe and a '3.1 Intercooled Turbo' plenum this week too :) so hopefully i have EVERYTHING i need to turbocharge a 3.1 pretty soon. then it's just a matter of buying a 3.1 shortblock, or having one built - i'm not sure how to go about that....

RedZ, do you know of any places that can recore my TGP radiator for fairly cheap in the area?

thanks,

joshua

not sure about anyplace that would have a TGP.. try Loveland Auto salvage in loveland CO. thats where i get most of the parts i need.

but like i said if you want i can build a new X-over for you and jet coat it. I should be able to do it fairly cheap. Stainless Steel mandrel bent, Steel braided Flexes (don't leak), O2 bung, Turbo flange and Jet coated.

Let me know.

Shane

• 10 months later...
Guest TurboSedan
The crossover has a crack (small) but there IS a crack for anyone interested. Because of this I'd like to keep the turbo & crossover together, and the price on the crossover because of the crack is now $50.00

Turbo is good though.Email me if interested, Cause this friday it goes onto ebay.

i am now selling the same *exact* turbo & crossover pipe that i originally bought from Intlcutlass in this thread. it was never used by me, and stored in a plastic bag while i had it. hardly any shaft play at all (plenty of life in this turbo IMO). it comes with the coolant supply & return lines, along the metal tubing section of the oil supply line (basically everything but the last few inches of the flex braided hose where it gets the oil from around the oil filter area, and NO oil drain hose (should just use a new one really). like Intlcutlass did before me, the turbo & crossover pipe are being sold together. i'll sell the turbo w/lines, and crossover pipe (not rebuilt yet but the bellows are cracked - needs a rebuild (core for JeffM or someone else?). if i can get $225 + shipping PM me! btw, this compliments the TGP plenum and downpipe w/bracket that carl is selling for all you out there collecting TGP parts for your TGP, or turbocharging your n/a 3.1 MPFI engine.....now's your chance :wink:

joshua

hey redzmonte i pm'd you on this subject and didn't get a reply. in like november i will have my crossover off and i could send it too ya if you want to copy it for me, just let me know how much. I am very interested!!!