Oil Problems

GrandPrix34

THE FREAKY OIL IS LIQUIDY!! LIQUIDY BROWN!! WAS GOING ON?

ahh, the machine runs fine, though, yet i cant seem to take it off my mind...aside of that my mufflers (flowmaster 40series) are dark as puck!

I lost a 1/4 already since my last oil change 2 months ago, and the oil pressure is fine, so wat could this prob be??

I had noticed a small leak in my engine, strictly oil. I do smell gasoline quite a bit too though, still not sure what it was. I smell it now more than ever since I gutted out my catalytic converter, but I smelt it quite a bit before. I'm slightly wondering what this could be too. Also, it seems like my oil leak has gotten worse recently. Used to have to put a quart in every 2 months, now its more like every 2 weeks. Need to put dye in it and find out where it's coming from and fix it. That might be something you could do GrandPrix34, try and find some dye to put into your oil fill, and then use a UV light to find out where the oil is leaking from. Might give you an idea of where that shit's coming from. You'd probably have to go to a repair shop to get some dye and let them check with a UV light, but I work at one so it's a little easier for me to do that. Just a thought though.

Your oil problem is not hard to figure out. Check your oil pump gear drive under your TB. That silverish circle with the hold down. Unfortunatly for you guys its a harder fix, you'll have to remove the hat(top) of your engine to get at it. I recommend using High temp Ultra RTV instead of replaceing the seal.if you replace the seal though, still back it up with more RTV. As for the Fuel, It seriously sounds like an injector or two is leaking when the engine is off and then venting the pressure off into a cylinder with an open intake valve and leaking past the piston to the oil pan. Another thing is see if you billowing black smoke when you start off, that would indicate you are runnng rich, easy fix to be sure. O2 sensor might be contaminated.When that happens the computer won't know what to do till it gets really bad.