during the rebuild- good news/bad news

Intlcutlass

I finally figured out how to post pics......as you can see, my cyl walls are bad...But, the crankshaft looks great, and for whatever reason the crossover looks great too. I removed the shield and the flex joints look great...no cracks.

11090002.jpg

11030013.jpg

It's cool when not everything goes wrong!

Give her a quick honing and she'll be mint!! 8)

How does your Dual Friction Centerforce hold up for you? I have some slippage that doesn't seem to be to good lately. When you bolted your slave cylinder up to the tranny...was the rod at the tranny fully extended? If so...did it require a bunch of pressure to get the rod into the slave cylinder so that you could start the nuts to mount it?

I have not installed the centerforce yet. It's sitting right next to the 282 on the floor. I have to finish rebuilding the engine first.

Money is the biggest roadblock I have right now what with the holidays creeping up-n-all.

I will let you know though cause the slave mine came with was cracked, so i went up to the yard & snagged another one.

I had to cut that shield off the crossover so I'm pretty sure it's the original, I was also amazed at how flexable ( and potentially fragile) those flex joints were.

The only stuff i need to but now are the

Pistons (mahle) And the radiator (recored) and Fan

Rings (total seal)

Bearings

I CANT WAIT !!!!

And I know my brother-n-law wants to get it done quick too, cause my engine is on his stand, and we are picking up his 88 fiero formula this weekend.