• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rockfangd

• Psych0matt

• GnatGoSplat

• toastemcutlass

Well i finally installed my sport pod and my DIS and couldnt be happier. I really like how it has a specific readout. i only have a few questions. what does low feul range mean? it comes on after the greeting wth a loud beep. also if someone could tell me if the oil life reset works with my 94, and how do i reset the oil? I may have a few more tomorrow and i will post pics tomorrow. The only thing that i really do not care for is the ashtray in the pod. i do not smoke so i will never use it but it looks very tacky :surprised: lol

• 2 weeks later...

i wish that the feul usage worked. all it ever says is 0.0 gals. Also if someone knows when i hooked the wire up for the parking lights. when i switch the parking light switch on the display goes out but my ub3 dims normally. when i shut the parking lights off the display comes back on. What could i have done wrong?

• 5 years later...

I know this is a really old thread, but, I connected most of the wires of my DIC to the only component that made any sense, the dashboard.. including the VSS and fuel guage wire... Now I need that chip modification to get the data I/O to work correctly. here's an important note about the DIC, there are 2 grounds. One is a general ground and the other is a guage ground... Primarily meant for the fuel guage since most other functions are part of the serial data stream. If you have this ground connected to the guage ground in the dash, the fuel econ should read properly and even in a '94 cutty after the serial data I/O mod . Why would this affect the fuel reading? Here's a tip: you're fuel float is actually a variable resistor in the fuel tank with the guage wire at top and the guage ground at bottom. The closer this resistor's contact gets to the fuel guage wire (float arm goes down, contact slider goes up), the less fuel you have. The closer this slider gets to the guage ground, the more fuel you have. Both the guage and DIC are designed to reflect just that read out. Was thinking that this might help a few of you that are getting 0.0 on fuel usage. The guage ground is the black wire in the small black plug of the DIC. Do not combine this ground with the standard ground of the blue conector, and, in some cases, you may even leave the guage ground disconnected completely.

I hope this helps,

Starflare5.