dis in a 94 cutty

toastemcutlass

well all i really want to get by aprilis the Hud unit and switch 2nd gen. (FRom jeremy) and the DIS pigtails from crazy k. I cannot find a set in salvage yards. What other cars can i look for the DIS pigtails in, (if there is any other with the blue and black pigtails)? i will just have to worry about the econ after everything is complete

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rockfangd

• Psych0matt

• GnatGoSplat

• toastemcutlass

I paid $18 for one from a yard in sunday. :P

I wonder if the obdII system could be made to work with the DIS? I have a different reason for wanting to do OBDII as well.

I wonder if the obdII system could be made to work with the DIS? I have a different reason for wanting to do OBDII as well.

It most definitely could. The OBD-II PCM's have a UART output which is compatible as far as signal levels.

You'd just need to reverse engineer the code in the flash memory and write some routines to spit out correct code on the UART!

It most definitely could. The OBD-II PCM's have a UART output which is compatible as far as signal levels.

You'd just need to reverse engineer the code in the flash memory and write some routines to spit out correct code on the UART!

well since I have yet to delve into the world of hacking or re-programming obdII where should i start?

First think I think you'll need to get a dump of what's in the flash memory and also find out what kind of CPU is in it in order to make a disassembled listing of the code.

No fuel economy on a 94 3100. In the car i sold to jay, everything worked with the exception of the fuel data. You just have to run all the connections with the exception of the speed to the ALDL data connection on the diagnostic connector. The computer does not send fuel data at all

its splicing a few wires, 2 feet at the very most (and thats very generous), and mounting it in, which is just some screws. I'd say it's maybe 4 out of 10, 5 out of 10 if you dont pay attention to things when youre doing them :lol:

BUMP! Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to add ECC into my 94 cutty. there is a 1993 in my local yard with it and i might chance it. Can i swap the whole entire unit. and where do all of the wires come from. ??? so many questions lol

is there any easier way, like maybe trading the whole hvac unit, if that is even possible, also foes anyone know if i switched the modules if i would still hav to rewire the whole ecc. i really like the feature but it seems way tocomplicated for it to be worth my while. i would rather switch the whole thing lol