• dkorinko

• pblunt_

• SigEpCutlass

• topless94style

it also depends on which B16 he's going to put, there's the A, B, and C models

A is the fastest/most powerful

B is the mid range one

C is the econobox engine

and these options are for any B series Honda engine starting at the 1.4's or 1.2's I think....

a B16A _could_ give you a run for your money... but I'm not sure anymore, lol, it's been awhile since I checked out the stats on them

a B18A would give any stock/slightly modded 3.1/3100 a run for its money.... especially in a 5 speed.

So things in number maybe less expensive. But every turbo kit i have seen for these cars runs over 2500 bucks. Some going up to 5 grand for a turbo kit. Pistons, yea you buy 4 of them, but you buy 4 performance ones for a honda engine i bet they are spendy as hell. He must have bought all that shit used, or off ebay. Electronic shit for engines adds up quick. Fuel injectors alone could have run him $200. For 4 high performance ones. A computer chip, is like $200. If he got a turbo kit for $1200, show me where the hell he got that from and ill go buy a honda and eat up some V8s.

But again your friend spent $3200. My friends Z28 will beat that and he has $1000 in mods.

Lets talk about how much ur buddy spent on that Z-28??? And yes, the turbo kit he bought was used, and the B16 in his car is a B161A

I hate Honda! There I'm done now...

why?

the Honda S2002 makes 240 horsepower out of a 2 liter 4 cylinder (if i remember right), and it revs to like 8 thousand rpm, not 6 thousand like the typical american car. Sure, it doesn't make as much torque, but then again, the car doesn't weigh much.

it takes General Motors a supercharged 3.8 liter V-6 to make the same power and it takes Ford a 4.6 liter V-8 to pass that power

who cares where the car is made? i'd drive a Hundyi or however you spell it if they were fast, styled nice, and reliable.

I hate Honda!

why?

the Honda S2002 makes 240 horsepower out of a 2 liter 4 cylinder (if i remember right), and it revs to like 8 thousand rpm, not 6 thousand like the typical american car. Sure, it doesn't make as much torque, but then again, the car doesn't weigh much.

it takes General Motors a supercharged 3.8 liter V-6 to make the same power and it takes Ford a 4.6 liter V-8 to pass that power

who cares where the car is made? i'd drive a Hundyi or however you spell it if they were fast, styled nice, and reliable.

i hate hondas. i don't like their styling, and i most certainly don't like them souped up. they're shitty cars. i don't like the s2000 anymore b/c i've seen too many of them being souped up and now they look like shit. i don't like hondas, and there is nothing you can do or say to change my mind. I'm entitled to my own opinnion which will freely be expressed.

I guess you could say it goes in part to the gay ricer theory. 16 y/o kid buys honda & puts on fartcan. Then he thinks he is speed racer or god or something...i hate those people.

oh yea and i broke into my friends 96 accord when he locked his keys outta his car. you know how? with a coat hanger! if hondas are such great cars, you think the company would give a shit about maybe producing a better locking mechanism so the owner could keep their car.

Toyota has a 1.6L 4 cylinder that puts out the same HP as the S2000 (which is 2.2L btw ;)), and 173ft/lbs of torque, the S2000 is only 161ft/lbs :lol: and the Toyota revs to 10 or 11K rpm :twisted:

oh yea and i broke into my friends 96 accord when he locked his keys outta his car. you know how? with a coat hanger! if hondas are such great cars, you think the company would give a shit about maybe producing a better locking mechanism so the owner could keep their car.

you know how the people that stole the stereo out of my bros 91 GP LE got in? but using the antenna on my truck :lol:

...it goes in part to the gay ricer theory. 16 y/o kid buys honda & puts on fartcan. Then he thinks he is speed racer or god or something...i hate those people.

That is so true, those are the idiots I hate.

Okay, engine size has nothing to do with how fast the car is...to a point. My friend has 92 acura integra, 130 hp, and would spank my ass all day long, and i have 10 more hp, but with my gear ratios being so long, 35 mph in 1st, 70 in second, that doesn't help at all. first gear isn't bad cause i have to torque to get off the line but then i hit 2nd, and fall on my face, and my car isn't even stock. Now think of it this way, the new impala SS runs a 14.76 quarter mile stock with the 240hp 3800 and that is heavier in than a lumina. Not too many stock honda 4 cylinders can beat that stock other than a honda s2000. Now if he mods the engine, who knows where he could end up, but if you mod the the 3800, no telling where you will end up either. Only time and how much money you spend can answer that for you. I like american cars, but im not against a honda or acura at all. I always thought "rice grinders" suck too, until i rode in this integra, and it threw you back in your seat.

Nick

Toyota has a 1.6L 4 cylinder that puts out the same HP as the S2000 (which is 2.2L btw ;)), and 173ft/lbs of torque, the S2000 is only 161ft/lbs :lol: and the Toyota revs to 10 or 11K rpm :twisted:

you know how the people that stole the stereo out of my bros 91 GP LE got in? but using the antenna on my truck :lol:

yeah i would love to see this 1.6 putting out more power then the S2000!

Okay, engine size has nothing to do with how fast the car is...to a point. My friend has 92 acura integra, 130 hp, and would spank my ass all day long, and i have 10 more hp, but with my gear ratios being so long, 35 mph in 1st, 70 in second, that doesn't help at all. first gear isn't bad cause i have to torque to get off the line but then i hit 2nd, and fall on my face, and my car isn't even stock. Now think of it this way, the new impala SS runs a 14.76 quarter mile stock with the 240hp 3800 and that is heavier in than a lumina. Not too many stock honda 4 cylinders can beat that stock other than a honda s2000. Now if he mods the engine, who knows where he could end up, but if you mod the the 3800, no telling where you will end up either. Only time and how much money you spend can answer that for you. I like american cars, but im not against a honda or acura at all. I always thought "rice grinders" suck too, until i rode in this integra, and it threw you back in your seat.

Nick

How did i know that was going to come up? 1997 Z28, bought it two years ago. I believe 17K?

17 k uh? yeah i would say he is still...oh about....10 grand ahead of my buddy, so i think the case rests there, hondas arent expensive to modify, at all!

Bolt_Crank, i am just wundering but what car does that 1.6L toyota engine come in, its got my interest.

it's a TRD modified 4A20V Silvertop

you have to special order it.... if they'll sell it to you, according to 99% of TRD sites, it doesn't even exist :lol:

but it still does... they supply it to their cart racers and such

(btw... I want this engine in a 1986/7 Corolla GT-S :twisted: )

how bout a new SR20DET... 250hp 2.0l 4 cylider released by nissan...found in the S15 Silvia...hehehe...um yeah i know it's not n/a so it really doesn't compare but it does manage to produce 205 lb. ft. of tq....that's more then the honda and toyota engines you specified...from my experience nissan is the "torqueiest" japaneses company...but hey i'll take a 3.8 that i can put $1000 into and get 400hp out of it anyday...oh wait i'm buying one...muyahahahaha!! ...but um yeah the hatches are known to be fast

here's the specs if you guys need em

you.. 140hp 185trq

3321lbs. aprrox

3.1L Pushrod V6

him

2291lbs

if he does B16A1

1.6L DOHC VTEC 1st Gen

160hp 111trq on 93 octane

if he does B16A2

1.6L DOHC VTEC 2nd Gen

170hp 113trq on 93 octane

if he does B18

1.8L DOHC VTEC

180hp 123trq on 93 octane

or heck even an H22A will fit

2.2L DOHC VTEC

200hp 161trq

the one he's prolly doing is a B16A1...all the others are newer gens which require a lot more work to fit in that model year civic

but um yeah not to be the bearer of bad news...a B16A1 in a hatch would beat a 3.1L pushrod...due to the light weight of the car...now a 3100 would prolly win and a 3.4 or 3.8 definitely would

hondas are junk?

i remember the honda commerical on tv a few months back......it stated that "90% of Honda Accords built since 1986 are still on the road"......i bet no where near that percentage of w-bodies built since 1988 are still on the road.

don't get me wrong, i love my w-body, but american cars just arn't what they used to be. look at the auto market share. the share of the market that american auto makers occupy shrinks every year, and the share of the market occupied by japanese automakers grows every year (yes, that includes honda)......things happen for a reason, guys

my putting all their energy and talent on trucks, in the ten or so years the enginnering and creativity of american cars has really fallen.....allowing japanese companies (like honda) to enginneer and build better-driving and higher quality cars, to take their place

now the japanese companies are getting into the truck market......i hate ford, tolerate chrsyler, and love gm, but all three are in for a rude awankening once every japanese automaker has a full fleet of trucks to compete......sub-standard quality products, which detroit has been producing since the mid seventies, will no longer be good enough........

i personally find it very sad what has happened to the american auto industry. in the fifties and sixities, our cars were copied all over the world.....now our cars are playing catch-up to the japanese.........japanese cars, most notability the toyota camary and honda accord, have occupied the 1 and 2 spots on america's best selling list since 1995, when they took it from the ford taurus

general motors hasn't had a car on the top of the best selling list in america since the old rear drive Cutlass Supreme's of the eighties......

how bout a new SR20DET... 250hp 2.0l 4 cylider released by nissan...found in the S15 Silvia...hehehe...um yeah i know it's not n/a so it really doesn't compare but it does manage to produce 205 lb. ft. of tq....that's more then the honda and toyota engines you specified...from my experience nissan is the "torqueiest" japaneses company...but hey i'll take a 3.8 that i can put $1000 into and get 400hp out of it anyday...oh wait i'm buying one...muyahahahaha!! ...but um yeah the hatches are known to be fast

here's the specs if you guys need em

you.. 140hp 185trq

3321lbs. aprrox

3.1L Pushrod V6

him

2291lbs

if he does B16A1

1.6L DOHC VTEC 1st Gen

160hp 111trq on 93 octane

if he does B16A2

1.6L DOHC VTEC 2nd Gen

170hp 113trq on 93 octane

if he does B18

1.8L DOHC VTEC

180hp 123trq on 93 octane

or heck even an H22A will fit

2.2L DOHC VTEC

200hp 161trq

the one he's prolly doing is a B16A1...all the others are newer gens which require a lot more work to fit in that model year civic

but um yeah not to be the bearer of bad news...a B16A1 in a hatch would beat a 3.1L pushrod...due to the light weight of the car...now a 3100 would prolly win and a 3.4 or 3.8 definitely would

Thanks for somewhat supporting my opinion but i have to take it even further, i raced a stock GTP at the track way back when and the best he could pull was a 15.6...with JUST THE MOTOR my buddy pulled a 14.1 with his B16 in his civic COUPE! in other words, not even a 3.4, 3.8. or 3.8 supercharged has a chance!

Thanks for somewhat supporting my opinion but i have to take it even further, i raced a stock GTP at the track way back when and the best he could pull was a 15.6...with JUST THE MOTOR my buddy pulled a 14.1 with his B16 in his civic COUPE! in other words, not even a 3.4, 3.8. or 3.8 supercharged has a chance!

15.6 sounds a little slow for a stock GTP...but who am I to say i've never driven one..but yeah a B16 could pull a 14.1...was it modded at all?...i'd say it was slighlty...but a CRX with a B16 will run low 14's with the stock engine so who knows...by the way I like your sig picture...if only i could find a Grand National around here or even a G-Body Monte SS