B16 Vs. 3.1L or SC 3.8L

pblunt_

A friend of mine has shamed me by getting a '91 Honda Civic 3 Door Hatchback, we are both going to do engine swaps in our cars. He seems to think that he'll take my Lumina with 3.8L 3800 Series II Supercharged, in his Hatchback with the B16 engine. Right now I don't have all the required funding for the engine swap to 3.8L S/C, so could I still spank his B16 hon-duh with the 3.1L?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dkorinko

• pblunt_

• SigEpCutlass

• topless94style

His car will be stock after swap, mine has this:

K&N Air Filter

Removed Catalyst Convertor

New Exhaust Pipe

DynoMAX Muffler

Federated 195 Degree Thermostat

Everything else I've done is appearance

Down the road will I be able to make a 3100 do mid 12s?

if you pull it behind a drag car

do us all a favor and kick the shit out of your friend for us

honda street cars are slow as hell, i dont care what the fuck kind of engine you put in it, b18 b21 b69 i dont give a fuck its still a 4 cylinder with no torque that sounds like shit in a shitty ass family car, you can tell him i said that too and if he wants to come up here and have a few words with me ill give him my address and tell him if he wants to bring a couple friends ill be glad to invite a couple of mine over and we can have a tea party

do us all a favor and kick the shit out of your friend for us

honda street cars are slow as hell, i dont care what the fuck kind of engine you put in it, b18 b21 b69 i dont give a fuck its still a 4 cylinder with no torque that sounds like shit in a shitty ass family car, you can tell him i said that too and if he wants to come up here and have a few words with me ill give him my address and tell him if he wants to bring a couple friends ill be glad to invite a couple of mine over and we can have a tea party

That's what I'm saying...but If he'd tried to come there now with his little 1.5L 95HP Civic it might be until 2005.

Down the road will I be able to make a 3100 do mid 12s?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the 3.1 and 3100, but they aren't exactly the fastest thing on the planet.

I'm pretty sure your old 3.1 will get beat with his engine swap. Have you raced him yet with his STOCK motor? You should beat him the way things are now. Is he running a 5-speed?

Honestly I have no idea about anything for that other Honda engine you're talking about. The 3800s/c can be a 12 second car though, thats for sure. :wink:

I have already smoked his stock engine like a joint, now it's nothing left but his B16 or 18 swap. ANd I know how to make a 3800 Series II S/C do mid 12s in my car.

man, that sig picture is wayyyy too big!!!!!!!!! :shock:

It's a picture of my car outside of Geocities that's on line.

This sig is temporary

I can resize/host if you like :wink:

Sorry to praise any import here but my buddy has a 93 civic and he put a B16 in it, and with intake and exhaust he ran a 14.1 :shock: Not bad uh??? It gets better....he put a greddy turbo kit on his car and on 6 POUNDS of boost he ran a 13.0!!!!! oh and by the way, this is on street tires and PUMP GAS! You better do some work if u wanna keep up with that B16, especially if he is putting it in a hatch cuz they are about 200 lbs. lighter then my buddies coupe.

i knew a kid who drove a 1996 GP 3100, and got beat by a stock Honda CRX. They both have some boltons like exhaust and intakes, and the holda doesnt even have the VTEC, never mind a DOHC VTEC. Even though i am the proud owner of a 3100 Cuttlass Supreme, i do believe that W-body's are much too heavy for the 3100v6, dont get me wrong it is a good engine, but you can only really see the performance it has in someting lighter like a Beretta or GrandAm. For a W-body to be a true performer ull need a 3.1 Turbo, or either of the 3800s (naturally asperated or blown).

Is the B18 the SOHC Vtec? If so, i spanged the shit out of the engine my friend has one. Stock vs stock. Took him at half throttle. I have another friend with an acura with the DOHC Vtec that wants to race, but he wont do it now, even when there is no snow. I am pretty confident i can beat him, he has exhaust, i have K&N and FFP dogbone. I know those cars can be damn fast with mods and how lite they are, but i raced an acura a year or two newer than his and beat it, had a fartcan too.