B16 Vs. 3.1L or SC 3.8L

pblunt_

you pull it behind a drag car

do us all a favor and kick the shit out of your friend for us

honda street cars are slow as hell, i dont care what the fuck kind of engine you put in it, b18 b21 b69 i dont give a fuck its still a 4 cylinder with no torque that sounds like shit in a shitty ass family car, you can tell him i said that too and if he wants to come up here and have a few words with me ill give him my address and tell him if he wants to bring a couple friends ill be glad to invite a couple of mine over and we can have a tea party....

whatever the fuck he said. I'll smoke that ass whatever he wants to bring to the party, Blood or E.T.s big block or small..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dkorinko

• pblunt_

• SigEpCutlass

• topless94style

Is the B18 the SOHC Vtec? If so, i spanged the shit out of the engine my friend has one. Stock vs stock. Took him at half throttle. I have another friend with an acura with the DOHC Vtec that wants to race, but he wont do it now, even when there is no snow. I am pretty confident i can beat him, he has exhaust, i have K&N and FFP dogbone. I know those cars can be damn fast with mods and how lite they are, but i raced an acura a year or two newer than his and beat it, had a fartcan too.

The B18 is the the 1.8 Liter DOHC VTEC motor, The B16 is the 1.6 Liter, DOHC VTEC motor, and the H22 (prelude motor) is the 2.2 DOHC VTEC motor, i think that should clear up any honda confusion. And there is no way you took a B18 at half throttle, the guy must have been in 4th gear and going from a stop because STOCK, an acura integra GSR, the car that comes WITH a B18 can trap a high 14 or low 15 second pass.

Do not worry people I will be continuing to spank his civic around like my little whore. But I was just making sure if I need to worry about that engine swap he has planned.

honda street cars are slow as hell,

you really think so?

i've ridden in a 2 door accord V-6 that has ridden the ass of a newer mustang gt up to 110 before my friend backed off

doesn't seem slow to me

you should have seen the face of the punk inside

his badass ford could stay ahead, but couldn't outrun the 'slow' honda

p.s.

if jap cars are so bad, why is the resale value so much higher on them compared to an comparable american car?

Is the B18 the SOHC Vtec? If so, i spanged the shit out of the engine my friend has one. Stock vs stock. Took him at half throttle. I have another friend with an acura with the DOHC Vtec that wants to race, but he wont do it now, even when there is no snow. I am pretty confident i can beat him, he has exhaust, i have K&N and FFP dogbone. I know those cars can be damn fast with mods and how lite they are, but i raced an acura a year or two newer than his and beat it, had a fartcan too.

The B18 is the the 1.8 Liter DOHC VTEC motor, The B16 is the 1.6 Liter, DOHC VTEC motor, and the H22 (prelude motor) is the 2.2 DOHC VTEC motor, i think that should clear up any honda confusion. And there is no way you took a B18 at half throttle, the guy must have been in 4th gear and going from a stop because STOCK, an acura integra GSR, the car that comes WITH a B18 can trap a high 14 or low 15 second pass.

1997 Honda Civic Ex, 1.6L vtec 5 speed. We looked up his vin number and thats what it gave us. But it is only single overhead cam Vtec, the same engine that runs 11sec 0-60, and runs maybe 120hp. Your telling me i didnt beat that at half throttle?

And the acura i raced was NOT a GSR.

I still dont think u could even beat an EX at 1/2 throttle but hey, i'll give u the benefit of the doubt. So yeah, ur buddy doesnt have a B18 in his civic unless he did a motor swap, the only car that came with the DOHC VTEC B18 was the integra GSR!

My other friends dad just bought a 1996 Civic Ex 4 door auto from his daughter for my friend to use. We were driving/half ass racing one day, going about 60mph i held my rpms steady at 3grand, and when i asked him later when we were done driving he said he was at 4500rpms and barely keeping up with me. Neither of us really looking for a race just speeding really fast in a 35. If he is working that much harder to keep up with me, pretty sure id whoop his ass in a race. same engine as my friends 97 ex 2 door 5 speed that you dont think i beat.

Honestly, do you think my 210hp LQ1 would loose to a 120hp 4 banger?

I am SURE you could take a civic EX, but not at half throttle. And I am SURE you COULDNT beat a civic with a B18 in it. Although the motor only makes around 170 hp, it revs to 8200 and i am sure civics are about 1000 lbs. lighter then u are.

i think he could beat a civic with a b18, so it makes 170 hp. what is that at like 7500rpm? and its peak torque is at 6k possibly? what kind of torque does it make? prob not alot. i have raced a 2001 5 speed civic with the b18, they are quick, but not off the line. if either one of u didn't know what u were doing u could loose, it would be a close race but i think the lq1 would prevail

Alls i care about is that i beat the EX at half throttle. As far as a B18, I think i could beat one, but it would def be a run for my money.

170hp at 7000rpm, then drops off going to 8200rpm. Reving that high is awesome and could be a better advantage if the power continued up there.

B16 vs. a 3100??? probably not, esp if its a hatchback. before you make any assumptions just because its a honda. the B16 is a J-SPEC motor and i remember reading them at about 160-170 hp, i'm not sure, but i could probably find the link if i tried.

the b16, b18, h22, are all honda J-SPEC motors are significantly more powerful than the D16, in the american civics, accords, etc. bottom line j-spec engines are race-worthy, i have a vid of a civic running low 12s with a full interior, b16.

however you should be able to find a 3800 s/c from a junkyard for about $1k-$3k...keep looking.

i think he could beat a civic with a b18, so it makes 170 hp. what is that at like 7500rpm? and its peak torque is at 6k possibly? what kind of torque does it make? prob not alot. i have raced a 2001 5 speed civic with the b18, they are quick, but not off the line. if either one of u didn't know what u were doing u could loose, it would be a close race but i think the lq1 would prevail

Seeing as how a B18 wont go in to the newer body style civic, i highly doubt u beat one. :wink:

You guys need to define ricer for me, cuz yeah i agree that idiots throwing three foot wings and huge fartcans on their car are gay. But if u consider a ricer is anyone who drives an import car then i highly disagree, if u can make it go fast i could care less, import or domestic, fast is fast.

You guys need to define ricer for me, cuz yeah i agree that idiots throwing three foot wings and huge fartcans on their car are gay. But if u consider a ricer is anyone who drives an import car then i highly disagree, if u can make it go fast i could care less, import or domestic, fast is fast.

You just answered your own question

No i really didnt, theres a few morons on here who think that anything not made in america is a piece of shit. I just disagree with that, who cares where the damn car comes from!!!??? I have been beaten by an import, i've been beaten by a domestic, i dont talk trash about either of them! And whats funny is...when i hang out with an "import group" they have nothing bad to say about domestics, even when they could probably beat them by atleast 5 or 6 cars. But whenever i am around a camaro, cobra, or domestic car owner, all i ever hear is "damn jap car" or " 4 cylinder piece of junk". Whats funny to me is there are a shit load of people making more power with 4 cylinders then a lot of people do with 8!!!! I just cant stand people who are all to thinking that Jap cars are piles of junk!

I agree that is ignorant to sterotype an import as a ricer without the "Bookself Wing" or the "Fartpipe" exhaust. If you can take me on with just 4 cyls...bring I commend you then I'l appropiately turn around and kick your ass in the next race.

okay i hate HONDAs that are riced out with gay wings and fartcans! that clear enough? that's why i mean by gay ricers. i like nissans like the old fairlady 300ZX's of the 90's which were tight, and they new ones are nice too. The RX7 twin turbo for example...that's a nice car! The Rx-8's even pretty nice. I don't hate all imports. For example, my family owns:

2000 Subaru Outback

2000 VW Golf GLS

1992 Ford Taurus SHO

The golf has the best manual tranmission that I've ever driven. Short clean smooth throws, with a great clutch. It may be kinda slow ~ 10 seconds 0-60mph, but it's bright red & fun to drive in the twisties!

The subaru's awd system is fucking insane. When we first got it, i took it to a parking lot after it snowed like 4-6inches and did 360's in the snow at 30mph without it slipping. Granted the MTX is somewhat notchy, and the clutch can be annoyingly stiff when the car is cold, but still a good vehicle.

I like Japanese cars when it comes to subaru's, nissan's and mazda's. However, I never have and never will like Honda's.

And yes...i'm the devil because I love my father's MTX '92 Hunter Green SHO, which btw eats piece of shit hondas for breakfast. I hate Honda! There I'm done now... :twisted:

An Integra GSR does not run a low 14, I believe they run a 15.3 or 15.2 and a b16a 5-speed in a hatch runs dead even with my GTP, I've done it. A b18 in a hatch or otherwise will spank most of us. Including the LQ1. A 97+ GTP is a close race with a b18 hatch. I don't like it but I've seen it.

b16a, 5 speed in a hatch. with 127hp? Running next to a gtp? Must have been a modded engine, i cant believe that runs with you. Not saying its not possible but hard to believe. I hate hondas, and ricers ie, family cars with body kits, ugly wings, stupid paint jobs, and fartcans. Acura is ok, honda i fucking hate, nissan isnt bad, mazda i kinda like. Once you through that ridiculous looking shit on the outside of the car i have lost all respect for the car and driver. Yes, those 4bangers can run with and faster with V8s, but at a much greater cost. Which is why i dont see the point of making those cars fast. I have always liked the underdogs, which means i would like to make a 4 banger beat the shit out of a V8. But since the cost is so great, fuck that. I will take my V6 and make it beat those stupid ugly rice cars.

:lol: :lol: expensive to modify a 4 cylinder uh??? Maybe we should all do some simple math, when u buy plugs and wires for a 4 banger how many do you buy? Thats right, 4!!!! Not 6, or 8!!! When u swap new pistons how many do u have to do...4!!! once again not 6 or 8! I am thinking that it is cheaper to replace less number amounts of things! And if u think its expensive to modify a honda, think again. My buddy has a 93 Civic Coupe with a B16 in it....and a greddy turbo kit. He payed 1800 for the motor, 1200 for the turbo kit, and prolly around 200 for the electronic shit inside...on 9 pounds of boost, street tires and pump gas he pulled of a 12.8! Not bad for a "honda" is it? :twisted:

So things in number maybe less expensive. But every turbo kit i have seen for these cars runs over 2500 bucks. Some going up to 5 grand for a turbo kit. Pistons, yea you buy 4 of them, but you buy 4 performance ones for a honda engine i bet they are spendy as hell. He must have bought all that shit used, or off ebay. Electronic shit for engines adds up quick. Fuel injectors alone could have run him $200. For 4 high performance ones. A computer chip, is like $200. If he got a turbo kit for $1200, show me where the hell he got that from and ill go buy a honda and eat up some V8s.

But again your friend spent $3200. My friends Z28 will beat that and he has $1000 in mods.