Attn: eclipse5302

no1kicker

I'm trying to install a HUD from an 89 TGP. I was going through your site and saw the section about it. I was wondering where you get the wiring diagrams. I have seen Dave's (gearhead43) page about this topic but the wire colors are a bit different on my car, maybe the diagrams would tell which wire is which. TIA

Go to your local library...look in the Mitchell manuals for the wiring diagrams. Thats where I got the ones I used for mine. If I had a scanner I'd scan mine in for you.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

no1kicker,

Did you install your HUD yet? I got one from an 89 also for my 90 STE, the wires dont match up to the ones listed on Gearheads list, I'm also not sure about the hold to cut. I have an extra dask (thanks (TGPilot)) but no referances.

Thomas

I started but have not finished. I did notice that one connection that Dave said to make on the dimmer switch, there is no wire there. I have some wiring diagrams for the 90 GP (thanks Shawn!) that I could send to you if you would like. Let me know.

• 3 months later...
Guest fatguy

Hey guys,

I just installed a HUD from a 91 into my 90 TSTE and have which wires from the inst cluster to connect too. a couple of them are the same color and I'm not that lucky so I had to redo a couple. I want to post this info on my website so if you guys need it, that'll help motivate me to get this up.

Since mine was from a 91 there were some subtle differences in the wireing from the dimmer to the HUD, But if you have both pieces from the same car, then use the matching wire colors.

Email me or whatever

I used DuPont vinyl paint. Go to a auto paint store (not Autozone/pepboys, a real auto paint store that mixes it when you order it), and ask them for vinyl paint. They will help you get the right color. It's called graphite I think...

Jason