Factory CD Problem

DOHCRagtopguy

I tried out my CD player , but it came up 'error' and spit it out. Any clue about what the problem would be, is it an expensive repair? Would like to keep the unit, love the wheel controls.

This usually is expensive to fix because those are vey delicate parts and they wear out very quickly and a pain to change. My friend had this trouble before and had to wait to get it fixed couple weeks and after it got fixed had same problem after couple weeks.

I'd say to either check a junkyard or get an aftermarket deck. you can set up an aftermarket deck to use the steering wheel remotes, but only if the aftermarket deck comes with a wireless remote. it costs about $50 for the part to adeapt the steering controls.

Probably needs a new laser head. I've had many CD players go bad, and that's usually what they need as the laser wears out pretty quick. Sometimes you can crank up the laser power a little bit by turning a teeny weeny little trimpot on the laser assembly and that will make it work for awhile.