Questions on Priming new motor...

Jon89le

i have a primer on me but i dont know if i really need to or not. Would it be even worth it? I wouldnt be starting the car til a day atleast afterwards and thats a big "IF it starts". And can i still prime the motor without being able to turn it over or what? Thanks.[/b]

oh, sorry about that. I was talking about the oil. Normally people say to prime the motor by putting a distributor shaft, if you want to call it, into where it would normally go and turning it with a drill. They had an episode on HP TV about it once.

i have a primer on me but i dont know if i really need to or not. Would it be even worth it? I wouldnt be starting the car til a day atleast afterwards and thats a big "IF it starts". And can i still prime the motor without being able to turn it over or what? Thanks.[/b]

You can prime it but you can also goose start it. like just kick the starter over a few times for about 20-30 seconds. That should get it going some. I n the mean time you can prime it then when the time come you can just kick it over.