wanna make your car sound cool?

90lumina3.1

Im currious about sound too. I have a Cutlass with the 3100. I was planning on just taking out the stock muffler and put in a summit turbo muffler. Would there be much of a sound difference with keeping the resonator?

Im not looking for fart can loud...but a low rumble. Like only loud when you get on it, but when idling, its really deep.

My moms Lumina Euro she bought new sounded much louder than mine. I loved the tone it had...ive never heard a car sound liket hat before. Imagine what the stock sound is, but amplified

jon

the resonator generally doesn't effect the total volume of sound just the quality of sound. it eliminates the high pitched raspyness. I would look at a magnaflow muffler before you a generic turbo muffler. if your looking for a turbo muffler i would recomend a "Dynomax Super Trubo" they are probibly the best of the trubo mufflers. Going for about $60-70US installed.

RedZ

Ok, so here's my new plan according to what I've gotten from here. Keep the factory piping, weld the catalytic converter shut to the downpipe (that's where my biggest exhaust leak is), cat is already gutted and there is no emissions inspection in Tennessee. Keep the resonator, cut off factory mufflers and replace them with either the Borla mufflers my friend is trying to get me to buy, or the Dynomax Turbo's I was looking at previously. This should get me all of the sound I need, right?

RedZ....i like that idea. Only thing is here in VA we have super strict laws on emmissions...and noise. Va has some very strict laws with everythign automotive, like no decals on windshields, wings, etc. Most of them are not really enforcded months, but every once in a while the cops will sit out and get all the ricers.

Jon

Well, Tennessee just passed some sort of Decibal Law, meaning that any part of your car cannot exceed a certain number of decibals in sound. I think the limit is somehwere between 70-80 decibals, pretty crappy if you ask me. However, if I ever got a ticket for how loud my system/car is, I'd be the stupid mother f**ker that'd frame the ticket!