Top speed?

GPRACER

My car is electronically limited to 174 km/hr or 108 MPH. I have reprogramed my pcm with several different calibrations and while I find the stock calibration for the 2001 century performs a little better all the canadian models have the same top speed. Just curios to know what some of the american models will do. Interested in '94-'96 3100 SFI.

I think that older w-bodies have a higher speed limiter on them. I have had my 93 GP up to 117 and maxed out. The newer GPs only go 108 unless you have a GTP. Accords and Camrys go faster than that! :lol: I hit at least 105 easy on the interstate while going to school. Shawn Lin says i'm crazy for going that fast in a W-body. They weren't designed for that. I know, but I like to live dangerously.

hmmm

well within a week of ownership last May i topped out severl times.

speedo said 118 mph. but with my front tires my speedo is off by 2mph. so i was actually going 116mph.

supposed to be 195/75/14's on all 4 corners. the front has 195/70/14 or was it 205/70/14. either way the speedo is off by 2.

Monty

I have done 126 in my GTP...... It actually got there pretty quick and handled OK....

a buddie of mine has a radar gun, thats how I know that exact number... I wouldent trust the speedo past 90 because its only factory calibrated........

I have gone 122 mph in my other Turbo GP. It does not have any speed limiter except aero-drag. Top speed is supposed to be 128 in stock form.

With the smallest mods it should be able to go 130+.

in my L67 Lumina my car physicaly ran out of gear. The new GP's with my same mods have done 140-145. So i expect somewhere in that range (pluss my car is also 200-300lbs lighter). i was racing a GS-T eclipse (FWD Trubo) and he also ran out of steem. it was on an 4 lane OPEN highway. I was about 3 car lenths on him the hole time untill i quite moving. then i held my 3-3.5 lenths until we backed out of it.

4" ColdZ intake

3.4" pulley

3" Downpipe

2.5" catback

DHP PCM

RedZ

1992 Z34 Lumina (L67)

235.5 HP/313.3TQ

nj turnpike, 1am:no cops, few cars. and i live far south enough on it that i only have the 6 lane (3 each way)strip, which is better for avoiding cops, rather than the 12 lane strip with the double roadways

Anyone ever hear of a spedo recalibrator? I read somewhere that you can get a device that tricks the pcm by deviding the actual speed in half, For example if you are doing 70 mph, the speedo says 35.

'89 Pontiac GPSE 3.2 Automatic

New Speed Tonight. While modulating the throttle to maintain 4th lock up. Still throttle to spare but I backed off because of the tire rating H. Car was smooth as silk.

East INTERSTATE PENNSYLVANNIA 80/ HAZLETOWNSHIP(HAZLETON)/DELAWARE WATER GAP REGION

With three people Including myself (two larger bodies, One midsized)

3 tool boxes, heavy parts from junkyard, radio system.

Attained Warp 1.25 (125 MPH) with more to spare. Backed off because of tire rating. All readouts showed nominal.

So cool I flew by the rest area:)

3.2? I take it you have re-worked your engin then.....

impressive speed by the way....

void that comment.... I just visited your sight..... 12.5/1 C/R..... WOW....

have you ran it @ a track yet...