Water in Cabin

GrandPrix34

there is water on both the driver side and passenger side carpeting, yet the rest of the car is dry even under the seats! :shock:

where do you suppose the water is coming from? i took it to a car wash and pryed out most of the carpeting to discvoer the whole fucking carpet-underneath was soaked as well! i felt around the bottom of the dash and discovered one of those spongy thingies within the dash bottom also soaking wet. Wat is it? A/C drain leak? how can i fix that stuff up??

check the boot that surrounds whatever the fuck you would call the huge metal rod that goes from the steering column thru the firewall. If there is a rip in that, water can easily come thru, even driving thru a puddle. for some reason i got a busted power steering fluid line and when i had it replaced, i noticed my car seemed much louder than normal on the inside, at first i thought it was an exhaust leak till i listened closer, and closer, and discovered the cause, the engine sound was coming thru into the car, and so was every ounce of water :dammit:

second though maybe thats not ur problem. water from that thing would never go all teh way to the passenger side....if its not that you got me. bottom out really hard at all recently? :confused:

no not that i know of...i read some of the previous post for this kind of thing and someone mentioned that when the windoes and windshield fog up alot it has something to do wit water coming in from the cowl being plugged, is this true? how do you unplugged that sonuvabitch? one thing i noticed though was that for some reason while edriving, im feeling alot of heat coming inside the cabin like through my legs even after like 1hr driving, my legs feel superhot...could this be it? lasst time i felt like this was after i raced a Camaro RS (which i beat!), but the whole fucking inside of the car was super hot

i had that problem only in the driver's side though, jus open your door and at the top corner of your windsheild look underneath the weather stripping i had a small hole that it would drip in then go down and puddle up over into my cabin see if that is the problem with yours..

After a certain amount of driving the heat will start coming out of the floor ducts, even when your settings are set to off. I discovered this ( i guess the same way you did) when id be driving up the nj tpk and i'd notice my right foot kept getting extremely hot. i said to myself wtf is going on, the windows are open and it feels nice in here, if anyhting my foot should be cold. so i stuck my hand under there and what to do you know, heat was blowing out the floor ducts. the only real thing you can do about that as far as i know is either plug the driver side duct up with something or set the temp as cold as it gets...that will change the air thats blows out to a more neutral temp. I guess this does this to keep the engine cooler? i read up and apparently a lot of cars do this even newer ones