Found a fiberglass monoleaf. A few questions

W30olds

There's a pretty good first gen population here. About 3 Regals, 3 or 4 Cutlaii, 4 or 5 GP's and have to be a nearly a dozen Montes and Luminas.

Hahaha! I like how you pluralised cutlass! That is scientific, my friend!  :dance:

New spring came today from Liteflex LLC. It smells like new and it's really nice! So now going to pack up the spring, shocks, Addco bar and the dreaded PS pressure line. Here's a few pics! It's so shiny and new. Its stamped 17984230 with code RDM

post-9404-0-80443400-1477517598_thumb.jpg

post-9404-0-98940200-1477517623_thumb.jpg

There's a pretty good first gen population here. About 3 Regals, 3 or 4 Cutlaii, 4 or 5 GP's and have to be a nearly a dozen Montes and Luminas.

I thought the 1.5s didn't have a monoleaf

Huh, didn't know you could buy new oem style fiberglass leafs.

what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Didn't have to buy it actually. Liteflex LLC shipped it to me for zero. I have to send my old spring back for evaluation, so return shipping is my final cost. Luckily the sales manaager there was really great to deal with. I believe they had a few left over from their W-body production runs for GM back in the day. So he was nice enough to do a swap with me for my old spring. It's a different GM part number than my spring. Bob told me it might raise the rear end up some because it's a stiffer spring, however it's still the same spring rate as the stock ride. I'd love to raise the rear up a bit to level out the cars stance. Even new the cars rear sat low. No idea why GM designed these cars like that.

Got the leaf spring installed and the shocks today. It leveled the car out. I've been so use to the back being so sunken down that now it looks weird. Maybe it will settle down some after a few days. Then again it's basically sitting at the stock height for the first time in many years. But the back is solid. No bounce at all. Put my subs in the trunk and no sag. Took the wife and daughter for a ride and went over the places it use to bottom out and it's rock solid. So I am a beliver that the springs do wear out over time. This has proven to me that they do. I have to have the rear end aligned now since changing the shocks. Otherwise it's good to go and no more saggy ass end.

So after 2 days of new spring and shocks the car rides amazing. Solid and no noise. Got the rear end aligned and it has settled down some. It's starting to level out a bit more as I drive it.

So took the car to the alignment shop. Looks like some of the lateral links are bent. Possibly from where the old spring was saggy and bottomed out. So needless to say the rear end still is messed up. Tire guys couldn't get the back end squared up. Not going to pump anymore money into this car now. So it's going to sit over at my parent's house. Probably going to put it up for sale as well. Maybe someone who likes these cars will buy it and get it finished. I'M not spending anymore time or money on it.

A member here, GOT2BGM modifies the better gen ii lats that are adjustable so they fit the first gens. If you'd like I can check and see if he has any ready.

It would be a shame to give up over a couple of bolt in parts, even if you just put stock style ones in.

The procedure is easy enough with a set of jackstands to support the car and a jack with a block of wood to push tension up off the spring before unbolting them.

A member here, GOT2BGM modifies the better gen ii lats that are adjustable so they fit the first gens. If you'd like I can check and see if he has any ready.

It would be a shame to give up over a couple of bolt in parts, even if you just put stock style ones in.

The procedure is easy enough with a set of jackstands to support the car and a jack with a block of wood to push tension up off the spring before unbolting them.

Thanks! I may go by the GM dealer here and get the stock replacement. I believe it's only the drivers side front link that's bent. I think the parts $60 and the alignments no charge. Think I'll check on Monday about the link.

Check rockauto.com before you buy anything locally, shipping is pretty quick. The bolts can be stubborn but the job isn't rocket surgery.

I checked there. No luck. Seems to be a dealer item only from what I've seen. My buddy works for lexus so he can get the part at wholesale for me.

A few pics with the new leaf and shocks. I hope it will drop down some after I drive it for awhile. Looks weird to me being up stock height. Use to it sagging so low that I don't remember the original height.

post-9404-0-08436600-1477839287_thumb.jpg

post-9404-0-62261900-1477839315_thumb.jpg

post-9404-0-46300000-1477839330_thumb.jpg

post-9404-0-02439900-1477839341_thumb.jpg

New spring came today from Liteflex LLC. It smells like new and it's really nice! So now going to pack up the spring, shocks, Addco bar and the dreaded PS pressure line. Here's a few pics! It's so shiny and new. Its stamped 17984230 with code RDM

That's pretty sweet. Even if they had charged you. An OEM spring, stiffer than stock.

The GM dealer here told me their last listing for monospring replacements was $1071.00 CDN.

That's pretty sweet. Even if they had charged you. An OEM spring, stiffer than stock.

The GM dealer here told me their last listing for monospring replacements was $1071.00 CDN.

Holy crap! Yes last time I priced them a few years ago at GM they were $700 and change. Now discontinued. Crazy! So yes I'm super thankful for the spring!